Inglourious Basterds trailer explodes here

Quentin Tarantino goes to war…

The first official trailer for Quentin Tarantino’s war epic Inglourious Basterds has been shoved online.

Starring Brad Pitt as Lt Aldo Raine, the leader of a group of Nazi-slaughtering soldiers aiming to boot the boot to Hitler’s lot, it’s filled with trademark QT touches.

So if you’re expecting a subtle meditation on how war changes people, look elsewhere.

We’re talking explosions, blood, guts and Pitt cranking out a Southern accent and plenty of vengeful swagger.

Lucky people headed to Cannes will see it there, but we’ll have to wait until August to check it out.

Thanks to the wonder of the Interwebs, you can enjoy some highlights below, then you can go and have a look at our ace trailer breakdown.

Are you counting down the days to this? And does the trailer make you more excited?

Comments

• xboyo123

Feb 12th 2009, 1:03

dont get me wrong, im a big tarantino fan but judging from this trailer the film looks a little......well.......s**t tbh

• StuntmanSam

Feb 12th 2009, 3:10

A big Tarantino fan wouldn't dismiss one of his movies before seeing it.

• joker16

Feb 12th 2009, 3:33

I agree with xboyo, there is no other filmmaker I love more than Tarantino. I have seen all of his films and none of them disappoint me. I read the first five pages of the script and it was so good I stop reading it so it wouldn't spoil the movie. But judging from this trailer, It looks like this could be the first Tarantino let down. Especially the bit with Hitler at the end (WTF?) I hope I'm wrong. All I know is that it better be over 2 hours or I'll be p****d!

• durden

Feb 12th 2009, 12:43

what are we?back in the 60s?bashing nazi and russian heads again?what is it nowadays?more and more movies are about the american greatness!bloody hell,this sucks!!

• aelmo1

Feb 12th 2009, 13:39

haha big ups StuntmanSam u said it perfectly. why the hell is everyone judging this movie already?? ok death proof wasnt great but it was still fun! nobody ever claimed this was schindlers list 2! what the f**k do people expect. all the hype for a tarantino war movie (and thats exactly what it looks like) and people are complaining. lets just see who's still having a moan come the release! xboyo123, durden, joker16 please have your apology cards for Quentin ready........jerks

• BLewin7

Feb 12th 2009, 18:25

It looks great, the only thing that seems wrong with the film is Adolf Hitler I think that might split audiences right down the middle.

• rorschach

Feb 13th 2009, 1:34

Looks f*****g desperate, but i hope im wrong! and what the f**k is that f******d Eli Roth doing in this movie? b*****d didnt even have any lines in the clip and i wanted to choke him

• Sneakerj14

Feb 13th 2009, 5:56

Can't wait, I like how it says , you havent seen war til you've seen it thru His eyes.

• sheroo19

Feb 13th 2009, 14:07

i cannot wait to see this film!

• GrandiaKnight

Feb 13th 2009, 16:42

Dirty Dozen meets Reservoir Dogs. Should be interesting!

• mattrix33

Feb 14th 2009, 14:22

LMAO...Looked fine to me. As a set up the trailer did a good job,its going to be a tounge in cheek war movie. Over the top violence and speeches from start to finish. Never dismiss Taratino..the guy has a knack for pulling it out when you least expect it

• missizzard

Feb 15th 2009, 21:50

This film is going to be awesome. I honestly cannot see what a Tarantino fan would see in this trailer that puts them off. Keep the faith. It'll be brutal, clever, and (judging by the trailer) well scripted and acted. I can't wait.

• chezsci

Feb 16th 2009, 4:21

Can't wait to see this. However, I don't know if I can sit through 90+ minutes of that horrible southern accent Brad Pitt is barking out. There's a voice coach somewhere that needs firing. And were people just afraid to tell Tarantino and Pitt that his accent bites? I mean - how will I be able to concentrate on the film when I gotta listen to Pitt channeling Paula Deen and Slim Pickens throughout? I think the film's gonna swerve from gritty, action film right into modern camp classic based solely on that junior high thespian rendition of south mouth. And I suppose that ain't all bad depending on how you look at it.

• StuntmanSam

Feb 19th 2009, 3:58

Also a message to the Hitler haters. Use your brains, the clip will be used in context in the actual film. If you can't figure that out you probably don't deserve to watch the film when it comes out