International Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes trailer lands

Another impressive promo for the sequel

A new international trailer for Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes has appeared online, adding to an already strong line-up of promos.

The trailer features a whole load of new footage from the hotly-anticipated ape prequel.

Main chimp Caesar is at the forefront of this trailer, suggesting that Rise… is putting as much emphasis on character as it is on the Weta-provided visual effects.

Andy Serkis plays Caesar via the magic of motion-capture, while James Franco is the pioneering scientist who unlocks the primate’s potential.

There’s also a treat for Draco Malfoy fans, as we finally get a glimpse of Tom Felton’s character.

Check out the trailer now:

A new poster has also been revealed:

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes opens on 12 August 2011.

Liking the look of the latest promo? Talk to us below…

Comments

• murphy

Jun 22nd 2011, 16:10

I watched the first trailer for this and there were a lot of negative comments,but i think after the total disaster that was Tim Burtons remake that this looks pretty damn good in comparison,looking forward to seeing it!

• Porkchopexpress

Jun 22nd 2011, 16:25

That's a really impressive trailer , compared to the last one it gives the film a whole different perspective, this presents more as a character piece, where as the first trailer played out a bit like a horror film. This has really intrigued me, looking forward to it, excellent contrasting of trailers, go Caesar! Although that poster is a**e, looks like like a rock festival.

• murphy

Jun 22nd 2011, 16:37

Yes you're spot on there porkchop,the first trailer was all about making you afraid of the apes but this one makes me think humans.....what a bunch of C u next tuesdays.

• ScottFree

Jun 22nd 2011, 17:39

trailer looks better than the first one......movie looks interesting! Seeing this one!

Jun 22nd 2011, 17:50

Hmmm, I am still not feeling the CGI apes.

• ASmileSoDevious

Jun 23rd 2011, 7:13

I agree with the others regarding the trailer. I wasn't really bothered about it before but it is definitely on my 'to see' list now.

• galenurko

Jun 24th 2011, 13:05

This international trailer for Rise of the Planet of the Apes is ground breaking.The raw emotion generated shows the range CGI can achieve---already I'm wondering if the industry will look at an Oscar nomination for Serkis.This movie will be TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!

• galenurko

Jun 24th 2011, 13:05

• clearwriter

Jun 30th 2011, 0:42

Agree with everyone, this looks brilliant. Next thing I'm most looking forward to after Tree of Life. All I'd like to add, is that the shot of the four apes coming up the hill on the tram is so brilliant! I would happily frame it, how incredible it looks and such depth to the character of Caesar in a single shot.

• galenurko

Jul 30th 2011, 10:21

The early reviews from the US for RISE of the POTA are great---this film could be the surprise hit of 2011---a meaty premise, with stunning performance capture.Apes are definitely back! I'm counting the days until we can see it in UK!!!