Iron Man 3 releases another full-length trailer: watch now

Plus, Shane Black says the film leaves the door open for Part 4

Iron Man 3 kicks off Marvel’s Phase Two, and a brand new trailer for the threequel has been released online.

Pitting Robert Downey Jr.’s Tony Stark against iconic comic-book nemesis the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley), IM3 finds Stark’s world a different place post-Avengers. Without his superpowered entourage, the genius billionaire playboy philanthropist is forced to rely on his wits after being targeted by terrorist troupe The Ten Rings.

Complicating matters is the Extremis virus, created by franchise newbies Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) and Maya Hansen (Rebecca Hall). It’s basically some sort of nano-technology gubbins that means Iron Man suits can be operated without pilots.

Check out the new trailer below, to get a clearer sense of the plot (and the scale of the action set-pieces):

Pretty epic, huh?

Director Shane Black recently told French magazine Premiere that the film would have a sense of finality, explaining, “I have the feeling that the story we developed for Iron Man 3 actually concluded a trilogy, whilst leaving the door open for a fourth.”

We’ll finally get to see how the trilogy ends when Iron Man 3 opens in the UK on 25 April 2013, a day earlier than originally planned.

Will Iron Man 3 be the superhero movie to beat in 2013? Tell us below…

Comments

• trist808

Mar 5th 2013, 17:35

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! :-D

• BobTheSkull

Mar 5th 2013, 18:06

I think a little wee just came out..... O.O

• BIGMARKO

Mar 5th 2013, 18:20

Nice one. 26th April cant come quick enough!!

• Tarantino3011

Mar 5th 2013, 21:36

OH.MY.GOD.

• FBALeal

Mar 5th 2013, 22:26

Meh. I prefer Battleship.......just kidding. It looks awesome. I can't wait to see it :)

Mar 5th 2013, 23:18

Hmmm It looks good but I can't help but feel we're going to get another Tranformer's like finale.

• mattburgess

Mar 6th 2013, 0:16

I don't like it when there's more than one Iron Man. It stops Tony from being unique. Plus, it always just seems like movie studios think "more equals better!". I'd love Iron Man 4 to feature ONLY ONE Iron Man - Tony, and pit him against an enemy that has nothing to do with Iron Men.

• anant

Mar 6th 2013, 2:32

me like....me super like!!!

• ilikescifi

Mar 6th 2013, 12:07

unf

• Chufferstud

Mar 6th 2013, 12:58

I've watched it several times now and whilst it is a thrilling trailer with great action and one liners, etc, it was lacking in something and I think that is seeing the Mandarin do something. I appreciate they want to keep his powers a secret for the film, but showing a multitude of iron man suits does send a chill down your spine when you look at the last 30mins of Iron Man 2, which was simply a waste of time (rest of the film was good). Does anyone else think that Miss Potts gets it? Or maybe she gets infected by the virus and turns all bad (I only assume this from the black bra shot!)

• SiMan

Mar 6th 2013, 13:56

Obvisouly there's the whole 3-act, beginning-middle-end thing, but why must movies all be tied up in a trilogy? It just seems to be the accepted amount of films required to tell a complete story. Any reason why you can't have a self-contained story-arc in a series of single films about the same characters?

• Field

Mar 6th 2013, 15:07

The end made it look a bit c**p and I have to agree with Ali1748 so I'm not really looking forward to this anymore....shame :(

• madeleinecornis

Apr 6th 2014, 16:02

once I figure out where I can watch the film free at last I found a link where I can watch the film for free, please you click : hxxp://bit.ly/1imQzSH there you can watch the film for free even you can download, thank you for moris already showed me a place where I can watch the film for free