Is Chris Nolan auditioning Catwoman for Batman 3?

The search for Selina begins…

Christopher Nolan is meeting with actresses in their late 20s / early 30s for ‘the prospective female lead’ in Batman 3.

Many news sites are seeing this as definite confirmation that Selina Kyle’s Catwoman is a shoe-in for The Dark Knight follow-up.

This, despite the fact Nolan normally crafts key parts around an actor, not the other way around.

Whilst we’re pretty sure that Catwoman will show up in Batman 3 – she fits in with too many of Nolan’s favourite themes to be totally absent – we’re almost certain this is a casting call for another part.

We expect Catwoman to be a name actress Nolan’s worked with before. We’d put stolen money on Marion Cotillard.

As for the female lead currently auditioning, perhaps Rachel Dawes survived The Dark Knight’s exploding oil barrels, and is about to reappear in the guise of yet another feisty brunette. We sure hope not.

Which female villain do you want to see in Batman 3? Harley Quinn? Poison Ivy? Or are you happy with Catwoman?

Comments

• MadMogwai

Oct 26th 2010, 21:09

Harley Quinn would tie in to the movies pretty nicely, but i think EVERYONE wants to see Catwoman.

• rice36

Oct 26th 2010, 21:10

talia al guhl. it will tie everything up with the first film

• sashurst

Oct 26th 2010, 21:17

@rice36: Great suggestion - we'd love to see the Son Of The Demon plot played out on the big screen...

• Gamzino

Oct 27th 2010, 10:36

Batmum?

• aquamah

Oct 27th 2010, 10:38

soft skin cat

• namedropper

Oct 27th 2010, 20:22

I seem to remember a few years ago someone knocking up a fake poster for the third Batman when the Dark Knight movie was just released and they had Marion Cotillard down as Harley Quinn. I'd pay to watch her read the phone book but that's just me. I think she's lovely. If Lindsay Lohan even takes a wrong turn and ends up near the stage by mistake I think I'd throw a stitch.

• slashx24

Oct 28th 2010, 5:12

@dalidab1982: I'm sorry, but if Lindsay Lohan even farted in the general direction of a Chris Nolan film, I think I'd have to neck myself along with 99.9% of the rest of the population.

• mrblonde

Oct 28th 2010, 5:25

I totally agree that Talia al Ghul would make a great addition to Nolan's 3rd Batman film and could do alot worse than going in the direction of the Son Of The Demon storyline. Although, even though Talia would fit in well with the storyline from BB because of her father Ras, possibly continuing what her father started in that film, Selina Kyle could tie into the franchise aswell because her supposed father Carmine Falcone was also a major player in BB and seeing that the franchise has taken elements from The Long Halloween and Dark Victory storylines, it's not too much of a stretch to see them going with Catwoman. I'd be happy with either; but I guess Talia would be something different aswell as easier to make a believable character out of. I'm still just hoping that Nolan casts Emily Blunt as either one of them.

• Jcoyle

Nov 28th 2010, 13:57

I think whatever Chris Nolan is doing it will be a great addition to the Batman trilogy, however myself personally i would like to see the riddler. Bring on the Bat!