James Bond returns in full trailer for Skyfall: watch now

Plus: Two new images revealed

Skyfall teased us with a short preview for this trailer, but the full thing’s online now, and it’s mightily impressive.

Daniel Craig’s James Bond has been busy of late, escorting the Queen to Danny Boyle’s Olympic opening ceremony and starring in a US TV spot.

While the Skyfall teaser got underneath Bond’s skin in a indecipherable interrogation scene, the full-length trailer goes all-out with the action, including a closer look at the train-top set piece shown off at Comic-Con.

We also get to see Naomie Harris’ field agent Eve wielding a sizeable automatic weapon, and there’s our first substantial glimpse at Bardem’s blond-mulleted villain, Silva. He even gets some dialogue.

Thrown in Ben Whishaw's Q giving Bond his first gadget, Bérénice Marlohe’s Sévérine getting involved in some shower-set seduction, and a taste of the plot (Bond makes the most of being presumed dead), and Skyfall is shaping up to be one of the most exciting prospects of the second half of 2012.

And Craig's assertion that 007 would be funnier this time around holds true, with the suave superspy adjusting his cufflinks after almost being destroyed by a digger, and finding time for a wink before firing off his signature handgun.

Watch the full Skyfall trailer below:

And to coincide with the unveiling of the trailer, two new images have been released, featuring Bond in a familiar, patriotic pose, and a brand new first official look at Bardem's villain.

Check them out below:

Skyfall opens in the UK on 26 October 2012.

What are your thoughts on the Skyfall trailer? Will it be Craig’s best Bond movie yet? Have your say below…

Comments

• MillerCrosses

Jul 31st 2012, 13:22

There's two, I am physically incapable of watching anything else.

• Chufferstud

Jul 31st 2012, 13:25

The names Bourne, Jason Bourne..who? No sorry, never heard of you, jog on. Bond is back baby!

• ChrisWootton

Jul 31st 2012, 13:30

That actually gave me goosebumps.. first time a trailer has done that for ages. Bit unsure on Naomie Harris, saw her in Frankenstein (twice) and she was bloody awful. Still, it wouldn't be a Bond film without a couple of bad actors.

• SteveMcc

Jul 31st 2012, 13:36

It looked fantastic...But I am put off by Bardem, he is a fantastic actor. But I was hoping for more of the 'No Country for Old Men' look! Not a cross between 'Fred' from Scooby Doo and the Mad man from 'Dirty Harry'!

• kcacolice

Jul 31st 2012, 16:00

I agree SteveMcc - I couldn't place Javier til you said it! I really can't wait for this one - dare I say, it could be the best of three as The Dark Knight Rises was for CN's Batman? Definitely a movie to countdown for!

• jamiebates

Jul 31st 2012, 16:07

Javier looks awful with that bleached blonde hair

• Desperation

Jul 31st 2012, 18:14

This is looking like a proper Bond film. Can't wait.

Jul 31st 2012, 20:33

I can't wait.

• willow138

Aug 1st 2012, 1:18

2012 is a VERY good year to be a movie nerd. this is one of the reasons why

• alexr

Aug 1st 2012, 9:03

@endofdays Which Bond film had the double-taking pigeons? Personally, I hate most of the Roger Moore Bond movies, and George Lazenby can kiss my a*s. Connery/Craig, Dalton, Brosnan, Moore, Lazenby - that's how I rate the Bonds. Worst movies? Yep, Moonraker and DAD were pretty bad, but so was View to a Kill...

• EddieFelson

Aug 1st 2012, 14:30

Javier has a case of the crazy eyes in this! It looks much better than the very average Quantum and have to agree with kcacolice look's like it will be the best of all three!

• ChrisWootton

Aug 1st 2012, 15:20

Moonraker was the double take pigeon.. I'm embarrassed to say (and I'm sure it will bring up memories of Dalidab) but Moonraker is one of my favourites :/ Brosnan was the worst Bond in my view (he just looked as though he should be modelling in a catalogue).. all of his were s**te with Die another day not only taking top honours for the worst Bond film but also one of the worst films of all time.