Jamie Bell, Miles Teller and Kate Mara negotiating final deals for The Fantastic Four

All set to join Michael B. Jordan

Fox looks to have completed its casting for The Fantastic Four, with Jamie Bell, Miles Teller and Kate Mara all in final negotiations to join the project.

According to THR, discussions with the trio are at an advanced stage, with Michael B. Jordan already on board Josh Trank’s franchise reboot.

Mara is set to play Sue Storm, AKA Invisible Woman, while Teller will play Reed Richards, otherwise known as Mr. Fantastic, provided some potential scheduling hurdles can be overcome.

Jamie Bell is the surprise name in the equation, with the report claiming he was contacted for the role of Ben Grimm (The Thing) after no suitable candidates presented themselves during testing.

Michael B. Jordan will complete the foursome as Johnny Storm (Human Torch) when the film opens in the UK on 18 June 2015.

What do you think of the potential casting? Tell us, below!

Comments

• joeinglefield

Feb 20th 2014, 11:53

Aren't Sue Storm and Jonny Storm supposed to be...you know...relate? I dont know quite what it is but, I dont think I'd be able to believe that Micheal B. Jordan and Kate Mara are brother and sister.

• trist808

Feb 20th 2014, 11:55

Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm/The Thing????? This film can suck my ball sac, what a wasted opportunity, bad choices all round IMO

• tomp1000

Feb 20th 2014, 12:19

@joeinglefield They are borther and sister, which is what annoys me the most. I can live with Michael B Jordan playing Johnny Storm, but surely it wouldve made more sense to cast a black actress as Sue? I'm sure there are plenty of great black actresses who would love such a big part

• trist808

Feb 20th 2014, 13:37

They are going the adopted siblings route, which is more of a modern family dynamic (apparently) than the traditional straight forward we were born from the same womb scenario.

• BobTheSkull

Feb 20th 2014, 14:09

Oh well... any tenuous hope I had that the reboot might fare better than the last attempt has just curled up and died. I'm usually the first to say that what we think as bad casting could turn out good once the product is complete... but, really....? Jamie Bell?? Also, I agree with trist808. If they were so intent on Jordan, a black actress for Sue would have made more sense.

• nuclear

Feb 20th 2014, 15:22

Oh wow. WOW. Fox is deliberately trying to see how much money they can spend to create an epic clusterf**k of a superhero movie. This film will bomb so huge, the next FF film after this one will feel it.

Feb 20th 2014, 15:49

Go home Fox you're drunk.

Feb 20th 2014, 16:34

Honestly it really does feel like to me that Fox have no respect for this series at all, it's like they want a giant flop on their hands. Jaime Bell as The Thing......really?? You're going to have a 5'7 English chap yell in a Brooklyn accent "IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!" wtf. Like the others have said it's disgraceful that Fox have the balls to cast Jordan as Storm but wimp out when it comes to Sue Storm, they are blood siblings we don't want an adoption cop out! I am not a fan of Miles Teller so I am bias when it comes to that decision but still Reed Richards is suppose to be a full grown man with grey in his hair. How can Fox get it so right with X-Men: First Class and Days of Future Past but fail miserably when it comes to The Fantastic Four?

• CaptainCrazy

Feb 20th 2014, 19:17

I can live with Eisenberg being Luthor, I can swallow (tee-hee) the fact that Batista might have enough presence and pathos to play Drax, but c'mon!! Jamie Bell as the thing?!? They should've hired a good American actor for that or better yet, get Chiklis back.

Feb 20th 2014, 23:43

I think we know which 900 channel is your favorite ;-D

Feb 21st 2014, 13:36

I love the fact Babecast somehow managed to creep its way into a Fantastic Four discussion lol.

• crystakura

Feb 21st 2014, 13:59

Looks like we won't be getting a decent Fantastic Four... ever. Who will they have playing Doctor Doom, one of the Chuckle Brothers?

• trist808

Feb 21st 2014, 22:25

HaHaHa, they took off my fake spam comment .... TF guys, I was bloody joking around, lighten up!!! :)