Jason Momoa reported to be playing Aquaman in Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

The Game of Thrones/Conan star joins the mega-cast

Jason Momoa is reported to have signed on to play Aquaman in Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League.

Hitfix reports that the long-held rumours are true, and that while Warner Bros. are yet to make the announcement, the Game of Thrones and Conan star is definitely a lock - and that Zack Snyder has already finalised his designs for the character.

Not only that, but the site has alleged plot details for the Man of Steel sequel, too. *POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD* Allegedly, all that mega-destruction unleashed by Superman's climatic fight with Zod will indeed have repercussions.

Notably, Momoa's character (ostensibly Aquaman, but potentially named something different in the Dawn of Justice script) isn't too happy with the destruction that was unleashed upon the Indian Ocean as a result of Zod's World Engine, which cues up a bigger appearance in Justice League.

Only time will tell if Hitfix are on the money, but we'd certainly be down with the idea of a Momoa Aquaman.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice hits cinemas from 6 May 2016.

Are you on board for a Jason Momoa Aquaman? Let us know below!

Comments

• CharsmatcEngma

Jun 14th 2014, 14:08

Potentially called another name? Do you mean Arthur Curry?

Jun 14th 2014, 15:56

Hmm I really do like Mamoa but he's not how I pictured Aquaman looking on the big screen at all. I was thinking more along the lines of Sam Claflin. The potential plot about why Aquaman gets involved does sound good though, we all wanted Zod's destruction in MoS to have massive repercussions for that universe.

• CharsmatcEngma

Jun 14th 2014, 17:09

@ali, agree, Momoa has the size for sure but with blonde hair will look rather silly i feel, but it will be interesting too see how he looks. Also agree with the repercussions, SO MANY people b***hed and moaned that the DC universe suffered no repercussions without thinking that those sorts of things might be a part of the next movie, god forbid they should plan stuff in advance eh? His reasons for getting p****d seem pretty sound. I'm wondering though, is this DC Universe part of the Arrow/Flash universe from the CW? or will they cast their own Flash?

• batt101

Jun 14th 2014, 18:33

Doesn't matter who plays Aquaman, the character sucks!

• GarthMarenghi

Jun 14th 2014, 21:23

Snyder's a gym bunny, so he likes his muscle men. Momoa's Conan was lousy, but he was excellent in Stargate Atlantis and Game of Thrones, so in that sense it's a good choice.

• CharsmatcEngma

Jun 15th 2014, 8:15

@batt, bold statement there and very hipster of you to say he sucks. A lot of people seem to be of the "opinion" he sucks without ever actually being able to give accurate reasons why. Is it because he is half-Atlantean half-human which gives him the abiltiy to live undderwater giving him enhanced strength(he has been known to lift 10,000 tons on land), speed, reflexes, endurance etc? His amazing swimming speed? His ability to control the sea? Him being an excellent fighter as well as batman-level tactician? Or is it like most people, thanks to shows like family guy and big bang theory, you think his only ability is to control fish and he must stay in the water at all times?

• MillerCrosses

Jun 15th 2014, 12:56

Too bad it won't be a good movie.

• garyevans

Jun 15th 2014, 13:52

it sounds awful, just awful!

Jun 15th 2014, 17:52

Engma - I think the tv universe is going to be separate from the movie one.

• mitchell91

Jun 15th 2014, 17:59

I'm making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $65 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss. This is what I do... ====== >>>> w­w­­w­.­b­a­y­9­1­.­C­ℴ­M

• batt101

Jun 15th 2014, 18:47

@CharsmatcEngma - I think you have provided fine examples why the character sucks, thanks!

• CaptainCrazy

Jun 15th 2014, 22:16

As one of the few people who liked MOS, I am being cautiously optimistic about this. The choices so far have been intriguing but I do wish they would change the title.

• theruffler

Jun 16th 2014, 6:20

This film sounds like it's going to be a real dogs dinner. Like they're trying to shoe horn as many characters in there as possible just to compete with Marvel. What kind of explanation are they going to give for their sudden existence? After all until Man of Steel - the recent screen versions of the DC Universe's Earth had been a "super powered" hero-free world with just a few masked vigilantes on the streets. Batman could barely even be considered a 'superhero' in Nolan's trilogy. Now all of a sudden they're throwing Wonder Woman and Aquaman (and Flash?) into the mix?? It doesn't make sense! Think this could be an absolute disaster.

• endofdays2

Jun 16th 2014, 14:57

Re Aquaman. We know DC doesn't have the character portfolio that Marvel does but that is the writers' issue, if they make the role interesting enough people will care. This film could go either way for me.

• jem0013

Jun 16th 2014, 17:38

@theruffler - so all those superheroes/villains that keep popping up in Marvels universe make sense do they? Have an opinion but please try to make sense yourself.

• theruffler

Jun 17th 2014, 6:02

@jem0013 I'm quite aware that in reality the emergence of any superheroes and villains in normal life would be odd - what I'm saying is that Marvel's movie universe has been very much grounded in a fantasy version of Earth. A version where normal laws of sense (and history) don't really come into play. In any case most of these characters' origins are fairly well explained over an arc of storytelling. The only character that has had any real kind of development in DC's Universe is Batman -who's storylines have very much been grounded in what we would consider plausible reality (I'm conveniently forgetting Green Lantern). Throwing him into a mix of newly unearthed god-like superbeings seems like a rush job that's heading for disaster. This movie is a Ryan Reynolds casting choice away from bombing.

• brittanycrider

Jun 20th 2014, 5:53

NOOOO! He is such a badass he cannot play a gay character. I am VERY disappointed!