Jeff Bridges disappointed by final cut of R.I.P.D.

"I was a little underwhelmed"

Jeff Bridges has been talking about latest movie R.I.P.D., but instead of giving it the old PR flannel, he's revealed that he's none too partial to the finished film.

"I had such a great time working on that movie," said Bridges in an interview with GQ. "I remember what we were doing. I thought: 'This could be fun to see.'"

"And when I saw it," he continues, "I was a little underwhelmed. For my mind, the studio made some choices that I wouldn't have made."

"It's kind of fun when the movie's coming out. It's like having a horse in the race. And they're lining up, and they're off! And you're rooting for your horse. And in this case, the jockey fell off the horse and you came in last."

Refreshing honesty there, although we're not sure how thrilled Universal will be to hear it. R.I.P.D. opens in the UK on 20 September 2013.

Will you be going to see if Jeff has got it wrong? Tell us, below!

Comments

• larstaylor

Sep 19th 2013, 9:22

having seen this movie, i totally agree with JB, it could have been just as good as the the first MIB, but somewhere along the way, it just lost its momentum

• mikec

Sep 19th 2013, 11:31

Completely agree. Then again, it's hard to like any movie where Ryan Reynolds is playing the lead role. He's at his acting best when he's a goofy sidekick or background eye-candy for the middle-age woman demographic. Nothing more, nothing less.

• DaveyMay

Sep 19th 2013, 11:42

Mikec - I kind of agree with the comments regarding Reynolds - however, I am willing to partially forgive him due to his performance in Buried!! If you havent seen it, do. Reynolds is amazing, and the film as a whole is awsome. I reccommend it.

• Westyaka

Sep 19th 2013, 12:17

Totally agree with you Davey, considering its almost 80 minutes purely on him in a box, the film was very well put together and extremely well acted given the situation.

• spid2411

Sep 19th 2013, 13:05

Agree with mikec - Reynolds filmography is a bad joke. Buried could have been the exception but Reynolds isn't talented enough to make you BELIEVE he is a man buried underground. I couldn't buy in to it purely because at no point did he make me think he was buried alive. I should have been squirming in my seat at that but didn't flinch - he is a c**p actor who stars in s**t films and is picked by studios purely because some halfwits fancy him and will go and see anything with him in it.

• jasongiani

Sep 19th 2013, 14:21

Pitchforks are sharp and torches are hot for Reynolds

• GarthMarenghi

Sep 19th 2013, 15:37

I actually like Reynolds, but he needs to be reined in by his director to avoid falling back on his old sitcom shtick. Look at The Nines and Buried - he's great there. What's interesting about this titbit is that it suggests a better version of the movie exists somewhere - note that Bridges doesn't blame the director, he blames the studio. I wonder what has been cut and altered?

• hawleygriffin

Sep 19th 2013, 19:08

Reynolds , seems to be a s***magnate these days . If it were me id be getting rid of my agent as they're clearly pouring honey in his ear. It does take two to tango so think RR needs to wake up and realise that his role in 2 guys and a girl is totally worn and done . He could be great ( Buried was a great performance) but not doing what he's doing here . Glad JB has the grit to speak his mind , id be embarrassed by this cut being an actor of his Kaliber.

• StevePotter