Jennifer Lawrence talks Mystique bodysuit

Preparing for X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Jennifer Lawrence has revealed that she’ll be dispensing with the blue bodypaint in favour of a bodysuit when filming her scenes as Mystique in X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

Having followed Rebecca Romijn’s lead in the first film, Lawrence is thrilled to be doing away with the paint, having found the makeup process particularly onerous last time out.

“I'm so excited because I'm going to wear a body suit," she told E!, having had to have a doctor called to the set to treat skin irritation during the first film. “It will be from neck down so it will cut out time and the blisters.”

She also revealed that she’ll begin filming in May, although due to her busy schedule, she hasn’t been able to do much preparation yet.

“I haven't read the script yet,” she reveals. “I haven't had 30 minutes. They literally gave me the script and I was like, 'I can't read this until Monday.'”

Directed by Bryan Singer and co-starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Peter Dinklage, X-Men: Days Of Future Past will open in the UK on 18 July 2014.

Who is the better Mystique, Lawrence or Romijn? Tell us, below!

Comments

• sarahcoates

Mar 1st 2013, 13:04

Romijn. She was badass, especially in the second one. And Jennifer Lawrence doesn't have the same bone structure as Romijn so they should do her makeup a little differently IMO.

• BobbyTwoTimes

Mar 1st 2013, 15:25

Bone structure?!! Who cares - she looks frickin bangin!!!!

• marvelboy

Mar 1st 2013, 16:39

Sounds like she will be playing Mystique rather than Raven which is good as I didn't like how she was trying to be "normal" in First Class

• trist808

Mar 1st 2013, 17:34

Yeah, but wasn't that kinda the point in First Class? Charles had convinced her to blend in and be normal, but Erik saw her as beautiful in her natural form and as we've seen in the X-Men series (as older Mystique) she's completely at ease in her natural state, whereas in First Class she believed she had to hide. I thought she was great as Raven and showed a different side to her character, in the movie universe she was officially an X-Man and had the potential to be a hero, but now she's with Magneto and in Days Of Future Past I'm sure her hatred of humans will only grow as the future is revealed to the X-Men and Brotherhood of the 70's

Mar 1st 2013, 18:02

I'm sorry were there words? I wasn't concentrating...

• trist808

Mar 1st 2013, 18:07

Haha, what were you concentrating on? Those wonderful rounded, perfectly formed set of ... eyes? :)

Mar 1st 2013, 19:07

Oh yes, a right fine pair ...of eyes :D

Mar 2nd 2013, 1:53

Wait so she was naked during First Class..............fap fap fap.