JK Rowling wants Harry Potter director's cut

Author would return to Harry Potter series…

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 may have finished the film series, but it seems JK Rowling isn't done with the written version of the Harry Potter franchise.

In a recent BBC interview, Rowling revealed that she's tempted to return to at least two books in the series.

"I had to write on the run and there were times when it was really tough," she said, explaining that she felt that "one early one and one late one," had been rushed.

"And I read them, and I think 'Oh God, maybe I'll go back and do a director's cut', I don't know."

Rowling also said that she would return to writing Harry Potter if she had "a fabulous idea."

So maybe The Deathly Hallows Part 2 won't be the final Potter film after all...

Do you want more Potter? Which books need work? Tell us below!

Comments

Sep 26th 2012, 14:17

How taking 200 pages out of Order of Phonenix, so it isn't a rambling, padded out, too-famous-be-edited endurance test? I love reading to my kids and I KNOW the book is for them, but 'The Hat Song' is like having my root canal done.

• LSJShez

Sep 26th 2012, 15:52

She's got all the money she'll ever need and more. No-one's interested in her, now Potter's finished. She misses the adulation, and that's why she's coming back.

• Heisenberg

Sep 26th 2012, 17:49

What's the odds she ends up pulling a George Lucas?

Sep 26th 2012, 19:35

The best thing for JK is to leave the series alone and move on with her career.

• SiMan

Sep 26th 2012, 19:51

I always wished they'd brought out extended cuts of all the potter films, like LoTR. There was so much that they cut out from the books and i bet loads of (nerds)people like me would have bought them.

• darthnixa

Feb 12th 2014, 20:30

Wow, she's really desperate. Is this George Lucas all over again?