Josh Gad to play the Thing in Fantastic Four reboot?

Has The Fantastic Four found its Ben Grimm?

As the casting for Josh Trank’s reboot of The Fantastic Four gets underway, we still haven’t heard any rumours regarding the actor who will play the Thing. Until now.

Movies.com reports that Josh Gad has been linked to the role of Ben Grimm in the film, with this news coming from “within casting circles close to the film”.

It had been previously reported that the Thing will be completely CGI in this new incarnation of the superhero team, so if Gad does get the part, that may mean either him just doing the voice for most of the film, or some extensive motion-capture acting on his part.

There has been no official announcement s about the rest of the cast yet either, but Michael B. Jordan – star of Trank’s last film Chronicle – is expected to play Johnny Storm (a.k.a. the Human Torch), and Miles Teller seems to be the rumoured frontrunner to play Reed Richards.

Meanwhile, Kate Mara and Saoirse Ronan are reportedly testing to play Sue Storm.

Josh Gad has appeared in many films, such as Love & Other Drugs, Jobs and The Internship, as well as TV shows such as 1600 Penn and New Girl.

The Fantastic Four is slated for a 19 June 2015 release.

Is Josh Gad a good fit for the Thing? Let us know below...

Comments

• CaptainCrazy

Jan 28th 2014, 12:08

I really don't want to be an a**e, but he kinda looks like The Thing.

Jan 28th 2014, 14:25

Ugh I really hate this actor he's so annoying. Can't we please just get Terry Crews?? just imagine how awesome it would be to hear Terry say "It's Clobberin Time!" These casting rumors have really p****d me off, out of all of them I could maybe accept Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara, but if they cast Miles Teller as Reed Richards and this d****e as The Thing I will be boycotting this movie. I really hope Josh Trank isn't the one pushing for Fantastic Four Babies, I really want to like this director but the youthful direction for this franchise is a huge mistake!!!

• AlfredsDream098

Jan 28th 2014, 17:47

I think Dean Norris would be a good choice for The Thing. Is the actor who plays him also going to be Ben Grimm though?

• trist808

Jan 28th 2014, 18:33

Even if The Thing is CGI'ed ala The Hulk, you'll still require someone to play the human Ben Grimm at the start of the film before the cosmic rays, and this guy ain't Aunt Petunia's favourite nephew, not by a long shot! He's got the kind of face you just want to punch, repeatedly! Grimm has to be likeable from the very start so you still feel for him when he's turned into his rock form, I wouldn't care if it's this guy. So far the proposed casting has not impressed me on the reboot.

• marvelboy

Jan 29th 2014, 12:17

this and the rest of FF Reboot could be Fox's worst casting since Nic Cage as Ghost Rider... Ghost Rider Two is the only Marvel Film I have never watched and don't plan, This Reboot might make that list ...

Jan 29th 2014, 17:45

Alfred - Holy sh....that's a great call!!!!!!!!!!! In a perfect world they'd also get Aaron Paul to play Johnny Storm.