Kellan Lutz stars in first trailer for Hercules: The Legend Begins: watch now

Six-packs ahoy!

The first trailer has arrived online for Hercules: The Legend Begins, starring Kellan Lutz as the titular musclebound hero.

The new film will follow Herc as he embarks upon a quest to claim his one true love, Hebe, who slightly awkwardly, has been promised to his very own brother.

There are plenty of 300-esque six-packs on show, while the swordplay and battle-cries are similarly testosterone-drenched. Lutz himself doesn’t get much to say, but hey, he certainly looks the part.

Take a look at the trailer, below:

This one doesn’t seem to have quite the same production values as Brett Ratner’s forthcoming Hercules: The Thracian Wars, but as a bit of swords-and-sandals fun, it looks harmless enough.

Directed by Renny Harlin and co-starring Scott Adkins, Liam McIntyre and Liam Garrigan, Hercules: The Legend Begins will open in the UK on 8 August 2014.

What do you think of the new trailer? Tell us, below!

Comments

• Chufferstud

Oct 14th 2013, 10:01

Possibly the worst trailer of 2013. I predict a Razzie coming Mr Lutz's way next year.

• smellyhands

Oct 14th 2013, 11:22

I've seen better effects from Xena Warrior Princess 15 years ago. I'd be very embarrassed to have my name attached to this drivel.

• spid2411

Oct 14th 2013, 13:26

"it looks harmless enough". No, it looks utterly s**te.

• jasongiani

Oct 14th 2013, 14:14

Liam McIntyre needs to get out of this type of stuff

• Mings

Oct 14th 2013, 16:22

Hercules: The Legend Ends would seem to be more like it. Arguably wrong to judge without having seen the whole film, but being fair at over three minutes long the trailer had more than enough time to impress. One of the most poorly constructed trailers that I've seen for a while. Just not good enough in an age when promotional campaigns for movies are often better constructed and more entertaining than the movies themselves.

• TheLastRide

Oct 14th 2013, 16:39

This seems like a "meh" movie to me. It doesn't seem to be of the level 300 even was. Don't get me wrong, i love movies based on greek history and mythology. But this trailer is just poorly done

• Andy85

Oct 14th 2013, 17:47

Is this a B movie? This film wants to sack it's marketing director because that trailer was awful. I am sure at one point he said 'what' which could clearly be lip read and nothing came out?? After that arena battle where he is holding up that extended sex toy looking thing I half expected him to shout 'Are you not entertained!' I am not saying this film will be bad but that trailer aint done it any favours. I liked the music at the end mind, tried to Shazam it but unless there are lyrics involved it is never recognised :(