Kevin Feige confirms Thanos will appear in Guardians Of The Galaxy: Comic-Con 2013

"He's the mastermind"

While most of the post-Comic-Con talk has revolved around the announcement of Ultron in The Avengers 2, Marvel’s other super-villain, Thanos, has slightly gone under the radar.

However, Kevin Feige conducted a quick interview with IGN after Marvel’s Hall H panel, and confirmed that Thanos would be appearing in Guardians Of The Galaxy.

“I think somebody on the Guardians panel let loose that Thanos is a part of the movie, which he is,” revealed Feige. “Thanos plays a part in Guardians, as the mastermind.”

“He very much exists on nearly another plane from any of the other characters,” continued Feige, “and we have big plans for him over a long long time.”

Perhaps a slow-build until he is confirmed as the villain of The Avengers 3? We're already looking forward to Comic-Con 2014!

Directed by James Gunn and co-starring Chris Pratt, Benicio del Toro and Glenn Close, Guardians Of The Galaxy will open in the UK on 1 August 2014.

What do you think of Feige's comments? Tell us, below!

Comments

• mattburgess

Jul 22nd 2013, 7:06

I know I'm beating a drum here, but I'm still hoping for Civil War in Avengers 3 (or even over multiple films). For argument's sake, do you think Thanos AND Civil War would be too much for one film?

• ilikescifi

Jul 22nd 2013, 8:04

i'm glad they have long term plans. how long have the Bond movies been going for?

• Benmorse

Jul 22nd 2013, 9:08

I'd love a Civil War movie, but that won't be possible until all the character rights are back under one hat - I believe Spider-Man is indefinitely at Sony - Marvel sold the rights to begin financing it's movies. So unless some sort of agreement is made (could happen, if enough money can be made) Spidey (and therefore a large pillar of Civil War) is gone. I think it's more likely Avengers 3 will be the Infinity Gauntlet arc from the 80's. Also, how do you make a human look the size and shape of Thanos? that's a VFX challenge. The end of Avengers was very careful to only show face in profile - I'd be concerned that watching him in scenes would be a bit silly. But they've sussed everything else, so perhaps I should be more trusting. Thanos - Vin Diesel?

• mattburgess

Jul 22nd 2013, 10:45

They could do their own take on Civil War using just the characters they have.

Jul 22nd 2013, 11:17

IMO you gotta strike while the iron is hot!

• TwoBobRuss

Jul 22nd 2013, 16:33

@benmorse Are you kidding?? Are you genuinely questioning whether or not they can achieve that special effect?? Have you seen any Hollywood films in the last 10 years or so??

• marvelboy

Jul 23rd 2013, 9:12

@TwoBobRuss I agree they will use effects similar to Hulk in The Avengers he didn't look out of place and silly standing tall next to the likes of Cap. (well for a Green Rage Machine)