Kiefer Sutherland: 24 movie script nearly ready

“We were trying to make it too big”

Who would want to be a writer on the 24 movie? Picture the scene: Kiefer Sutherland comes in, talking all nice and calmly before screaming “TELL ME WHERE THE SCRIPT IS” and waterboarding you using the office watercooler.

Perhaps we're letting our imagination run away with us. Or confusing Sutherland the actor with his gruff onscreen counterpart Jack Bauer (it would probably help separate the two if US TV channel TMZ stopped showing Sutherland jumping into a Christmas tree).

Still, the clock is ticking and there's no shoot scheduled for a 24 movie yet.

“We are coming very close to having a finished script. That’s been the most difficult thing. You have to remember that we have 24 hours to explain the stories in 24 and so trying to condense that into a two-hour film version has been a real shift in gear for us,” Sutherland told The Telegraph

“We were originally trying to make it too big and put too much into it - but once we relaxed, we found out how to tell that story. So yes we definitely do plan on making the film.”

Still excited by a 24 movie? Disappointed the rumoured 24/Die Hard crossover didn't happen? Wondering which terrorists Jack will terrorise this time? Don't make us force the information out of you – post your comments below!

Comments

• BobbyTwoTimes

Oct 5th 2011, 16:35

The battle of the JB's........Jack Bauer, Jason Bourne and James Bond (Daniel Craig) locked in a room together. ....only one can walk out alive........Who?

• SiMan

Oct 5th 2011, 19:21

Bond would get distracted by a woman, Bourne would forget the reason he was there - that just leaves good old Jack to take them down....Can't wait to enter Jack's world again. This movie has a lot to live up to. Just wonder if they've left it too long now.

• markdaniel77

Oct 5th 2011, 23:19

My money's on Bauer...bond is cool but not so much with the dirty fighting, and would get owned! Bourne and Bauer fight would be cool to see...

• writerdave87

Oct 6th 2011, 1:55

I'd make a 'dalidab's sex fantasy' joke here but all those actors apart from Alex Rider are over the age of consent so he's likely not interested.

• writerdave87

Oct 6th 2011, 1:55

*Characters not actors. I'm too tired for this s**t tonight lol.

• alexr

Oct 6th 2011, 7:54

erm...I was going to make a comment rearding '24' and Jack Bauer and how well I believe this world will translate to the big screen - but Dalidab has completely destroyed my train of thought...@Dalidab You are a mind-terrorist, dude!

• alexr

Oct 6th 2011, 7:58

By the way (Speaking of Alex Rider), does anyone else think Alex Pettyfer looks like a younger version of Dolph Lundgren? Seriously, I watched I am Number Four recently and expected him to shout "ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?" at the top of his seriously wooden voice...

• QuietLife

Oct 6th 2011, 9:32

Wasn't the original point a JB initials-related thing? Pis$ off with your Transporter cr@p.

• writerdave87

Oct 6th 2011, 9:51

As we established months back, spelling is not Dalidab's strong point.

• BobbyTwoTimes

Oct 6th 2011, 10:37

Dalidab will you just fcuk off! It was the battle of the JB's - not some kind of fantasy character-based list for The Expendables 8 or something! And I also didn't ask who you think would finish in 2nd, 3rd or - however the fcuk this happened considering it was only a trio - 4th! Plus Solid Snake is a fcukin computer game character!!! Yet again you have proved yourself to be completely incapable of answering a simple movie-based question without spilling out your complete drivel onto these fair pages. The question was very, very, very simple my illiterate and retarded friend.............the pre-mentioned three characters go into a room and one of them comes out alive - who?? n.b. in Dalidab's case it only requires a TWO word answer - the rest of you can fill your boots!

• DuffyUK

Oct 6th 2011, 11:47

Bravo BobbyTwoTimes, bravo. Spoken like a hero.

• DuffyUK

Oct 6th 2011, 11:47

Bravo BobbyTwoTimes, bravo. Spoken like a hero.

• BobbyTwoTimes

Oct 6th 2011, 14:08

Wishing death on people again Dalidab? Oh dear.....it's the "I hope you die of Cancer" incident all over again isn't it my nasty little friend. Well fortunately for me I have brought my specially modified shield that is specifically designed to repell vicious insults thrown at me by nonces, leaving me completely unharmed from your attack! Mwwwaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa......

Oct 6th 2011, 20:24

We need to get the comments up to 24.

• LordRaymond

Oct 9th 2011, 1:32

I want a 24 movie sometime in 2012.