Lauren Shuler Donner keen on X-Men appearance in Avengers 2

And could Ms. Marvel be making an appearance?

The rumours surrounding Marvel’s Phase Two centrepiece, The Avengers 2, continue to come thick and fast, with X-Men producer Lauren Shuler-Donner revealing she’d love to see the mutants line up alongside Cap, Hulk and co.

The X-Men are currently owned by Fox, but Shuler-Donner has acknowledged the success of Marvel’s first Avengers movie, hinting that a future tie-up might be possible.

"I would love it," she revealed. "I personally have close ties to Marvel because of Kevin Feige. Kevin worked for me. But to take our characters and mingle them in the way that they were written... yeah, absolutely."

Meanwhile, a story in The Daily Mail has suggested that Ms. Marvel may be introduced in Avengers 2, with Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson supposedly vying for the role. Marvel has made no comment on the story, which appears to have come from out of nowhere, although that’s not to say it won’t happen.

Set to be written and directed once more by Joss Whedon, The Avengers 2 opens in the UK on 1 May 2015. Possibly with the X-Men. Possibly with Ms. Marvel. Possibly with neither. Let the rumour-mongering commence!

Which of the above would you like to see happen most? Tell us, below!

Comments

Oct 8th 2012, 6:33

If Emily Blunt should play a Marvel character it should be The Wasp.

• CaptainCrazy

Oct 8th 2012, 7:25

"...because of Kevin Feige. Kevin worked for me..." Everyone should have a Kevin work for them. They give great footrubs and their coffee is to die for.

• Gindalf0492

Oct 8th 2012, 8:57

That was my 1 prob with the avengers film, set in New York, were Spiderman and Xmen are near it but they didnt get mentioned due to them being owned by fox. Ruth Wilson Is in the running for Ms. Marvel and for me she would be better as Ms. Marvel, Would love to see the Xmen in it, I.e. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Patrick Stewart as Xavier etc.

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Oct 8th 2012, 9:15

Overload!

Oct 8th 2012, 12:42

Sony own the rights to Spiderman not Fox.

• mattburgess

Oct 8th 2012, 14:12

Avengers vs X-Men!! That could be epic! Or lame if directed by Brett Ratner.

• FBJRider

Oct 8th 2012, 15:36

I'd rather have Blunt for Ms. Marvel than Wilson. The addition of Ms. Marvel would be good, I also want Black Panther, Ant-man and Wasp in the sequels but I worry that too many more Avengers might be too much for even Whedon to handle. Adding the X-Men would definitely be too much unless they have AvX or something so they aren't all heroes.

Oct 8th 2012, 16:12

I agree that there's a danger of adding too many new members to The Avengers, I think Ant-Man and another female character should be the limit.

• killertapir

Oct 8th 2012, 19:26

The problem for me is that I've never ever liked the idea of the X-Men being part of a larger Marvel universe. The discrimination against mutants with powers does not work at all if other super humans are accepted with open arms. So personally I've been hoping the X-Men stay far far away from the current Marvel film 'verse.