Leonardo DiCaprio’s J Edgar trailer online

First footage from Clint Eastwood’s Hoover biopic

If this trailer’s admissible as evidence, Leonardo DiCaprio looks set to finally bag a well-deserved Best Actor Oscar in 2012.

Whether he’s appearing as a young or old J Edgar Hoover in this trailer for Clint Eastwood’s long-awaited biopic, DiCaprio absolutely commands the screen.

And that’s before we’ve even seen the bits where he puts on a dress.

For anyone who doubted Leo’s chances of getting J Edgar’s distinctive voice right, this trailer takes seconds to assuage those doubts.

Seriously, this thing has multiple-Oscars written all over it. Check it out below, then tell us what you think.

Are you as excited as us for J Edgar? Tell us!

Comments

• Gemma2712

Sep 20th 2011, 15:47

This looks stunning. I definitely see many Oscars on the horizon, and it would be nice to finally see DiCaprio receive his gold statue.

• metisbartal

Sep 20th 2011, 15:50

f**k Yeah, Leo!!!!

• anant

Sep 20th 2011, 15:50

yup i agree multiple oscars! leonardo dicaprio for best actor and judi dench as supporting actors and at least nominations for hammer and watts. n is it just me or watts looking really pretty?

• lilycanter

Sep 20th 2011, 16:12

Is it just me or does Leo look frighteningly like Philip Seymour Hoffman when playing the elderly Hoover? Not a good look for him.

• KingofSpain

Sep 20th 2011, 16:13

That's cos she's ditched the blonde. I agree, Leo appears to be in scintillating form. Plus, Eastwood has really honed a great distinctive visual style (obviously helped by making period movies). I would love to see him have a go at directing a comic book movie.

• joker16

Sep 20th 2011, 16:32

I guess I'm the only one who thinks DiCaprio was totally miscast. I mean I love him to death, well, that sounded kinda gay, but he's just wrong for Hoover. And Clint has been off his game for the last couple of film so I'm keeping my expectations in check. DiCaprio's gonna get his Oscar for Django Unchained, early prediction.

• Murphy0806

Sep 20th 2011, 16:43

More Oscars for Clint. Also should prove that Hereafter was just a minor blip on what must be one of the strongest directorial runs of late

Sep 20th 2011, 17:19

Ahhh the brown-nose season, expect to see a lot of 3 hour misery-fests with lots of shouting and crying. A-list 'hotties' uglifying themselves while erm..shouting and crying... having said that, you can't go wrong with Eastwood, looks mighty.

• joker16

Sep 20th 2011, 18:25

@dalidab Ram a d***o up your a*s.

• Murphy0806

Sep 20th 2011, 18:35

Nice. A thinly disguised attempt at getting us to read about gay marriage. Shan't be reading that. Oh, and by the way before you go wishing all types of horrible death and disease on me I am completely fine with it.

• Arcarhia

Sep 20th 2011, 19:31

It looks amazing. Dalidab is actually making quite a salient point considering there is a lot of conjecture around J Edgar actually being gay. TotalFilm's article a couple of weeks ago pointed out that there would be hints within this film as to J Edgar's sexuality. It's also written by the writer of Milk. There will be homosexual overtones within the film I think it's safe to say. Fair play to Dalibab for being a better person.

• gonzoBen

Sep 20th 2011, 20:25

This will CLEAN-UP at the Oscars.

• writerdave87

Sep 21st 2011, 12:19

Dalidab being a better person? Check the Christina Hendricks thread, that psycho little s**t has got a long way to go before he can be called that...