Lindsay Lohan and Megan Fox compete for Elizabeth Taylor biopic

Lohan and Fox both up for Liz and Dick

Lindsay Lohan and Megan Fox are in talks to play Elizabeth Taylor according to Larry Thompson, executive producer of Lifetime movie Liz & Dick.

"I've been talking to Lindsay Lohan directly, and with her reps, and have been in conversations with other actresses, including Megan Fox," Thompson said.

"It's a very serious selection," Thompson continued. "It's like casting for Hollywood royalty."

Whilst we definitely agree that Liz Taylor is Hollywood royalty, we're not entirely sure we'd place Lindsay Lohan or Megan Fox into that particular category.

Still, the actresses have a lot in common - they're both 25, they've both courted more than their fair share of controversy, and, perhaps most importantly in this context, they both bear more than a passing resemblance to Liz.

We'll find out which actress has won the race to play one of Britain's finest actresses very soon, as the movie starts shooting in the spring.

To see Taylor in action, check out this trailer for the classic Father Of The Bride:

Who do you think is best suited to play Liz? Tell us below!

Comments

• KingofSpain

Jan 17th 2012, 16:06

TF - I think you'll find neither actor bears more than a "passing resemblance" to Ms Taylor. Comparing Lohan to Liz in the beauty stakes is a bit like comparing truffles with the last thing you left in the toilet.

Jan 17th 2012, 16:51

Im sure the producers can do better than a couple of has-beens. Emily blunt or Andrea Riesborough would suffice or even Michelle Williams( she played a brit in Me without You).

• ChrisWootton

Jan 17th 2012, 17:05

You can dress up a turd to make it look like Liz Taylor.. doesn't mean that it actually looks like her though

• JohnJDuffy

Jan 17th 2012, 17:55

Behave!

• smellyhands

Jan 17th 2012, 18:04

Whoah nelly. Whoah!!! If its a silent movie.... maybe, just maybe.... Megan Fox could do it. I dont think I could listen to her do an English accent. Lindsay Lohan? Who the heck is she? Is she an actress?

• MrScary

Jan 17th 2012, 18:10

Neither of them can act. If the producers absolutely have no other choices; Lohan has the nice/bigger boobs, she'll get the job.

Jan 17th 2012, 19:57

Report them for what? Commenting on the quality of two actresses? What are these comment boards here for if not for that? Also, good IMDB'ing by the way.

• badger86

Jan 17th 2012, 20:04

It's a lifetime movie so they were never gonna be aiming high in terms of talent. Based on the pics alone i'd say lohan has more of 'the look'. TheKingofCinema is a delusional troll, he will just get reported and banned again for these unprovoked attacks.

Jan 17th 2012, 20:35

Reported Dalidab. Again. Once more, he's the most offensive, pigf*****g little s******d on these forums. Lohan used to be a good actress but she p****d it away in substance abuse, criminality and being a f*****g moron. I'd give this gig to Blunt, Rooney Mara, Emma Stone... any number of talented young actresses around at the moment. There are many biopics where the actor hasn't looked like the subject. Lohan and Fox are B-movie talent at best, and are average actors. Talking about casting them is an insult to the memory of a hollywood great. And Dalidab, once more, considering you once told us all how much you wanted to f**k a 13 year old guy you really don't have a leg to stand on on calling people 'vile and disgusting'. The female sex is quite capable of standing up for itself without needing to call on the assistance of a hateful bloated little pedophilic keyboard warrior like yourself to save them. Shut the hell up.

Jan 17th 2012, 20:37

Haha great editing there TF. My vote would be for Blunt too tbh, I don't think a resemblance to taylor is actually necessary.

Jan 17th 2012, 20:38

Damn, I thought they'd cut out all the comments after Hadouken's. Stupid slow internet :/ ah well.

• smellyhands

Jan 17th 2012, 21:19

Hilarious by "TheKingofCinema/Dalidab". Yet again he/she amuses me. If you look at my comment a little more carefully you might see that I slagged Megan Fox pretty similarly. I see them both as limited actors. Clearly Megan Fox cant act at all and only has a career thanks to Michael Bays boyish appreciation of the womans shapely form. Lindsay Lohan at least can act to a degree when she is not behind bars, in court or intoxicated by what ever is in her bloodstream. Also there are an equal amount of male actors who have the acting ability of either of these two has-bins. Its just so very odd that you seem to have a problem with us bashing Lindsay Lohan but you dont say a word to defend Megan Fox. Maybe your........ sexist.

• smellyhands

Jan 17th 2012, 21:23

Oh wait you dont defend. In fact you state that you hate her. Showing such hatred to someone you dont know is a sign of sociopathic behaviour.

Jan 17th 2012, 21:39

Yet again threatened to have my balls cut off. I admit the IMDB thing was a cheap shot but you really don't have to list that much. The rest of us here have obviously seen many films (else we wouldn't be posting here in the first place) yet don't feel the need to brag about it.

Jan 17th 2012, 21:48

Anyway, back to the film stuff. Neither Lindsay Lohan or Megan Fox have shown the acting chops to portray such an iconic and charismatic woman. You just have to look at their performances in Get a Clue, Freaky Friday, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, Mean Girls, Just My Luck, Bobby, I Know Who Killed Me and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, Transformers, How to Lose Friends and Alienate People, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Jennifer's Body, Jonah Hex, respectively... All of which I most definitely have seen by the way.

Jan 17th 2012, 22:08

Umm... I honestly can't tell what just happened.

Jan 17th 2012, 22:17

So what exactly do you think about them?

Jan 17th 2012, 22:26

The awkward moment when Dalidab doesn't realise he's being mocked... again.

Jan 17th 2012, 22:29

Also FYI Dalidab, saying you're both 'telling it like it is' and 'it is your own opinion' is contradicting yourself. 'Telling it like it is' implies the truth, which depends on facts. An opinion is not fact, especially as your opinions are so radically removed from the general consensus.

• smellyhands

Jan 17th 2012, 22:30

"I think Megan Fox is a utter s**t actress & I truly hate her" Generally when you say you hate someone else it is interpreted as hatred towards them as a person. So yes you clearly did say you hated her as a person. But by your logic I can knock on my neighbours door and say to his/her face "I hate you" knowing that they will assume that I hate them, except hating them as a person. Must be very confusing having to deal with you on a daily basis.

Jan 17th 2012, 22:44

You said "I think Blunt...." and so on and so on but never actually said what you think.

• smellyhands

Jan 17th 2012, 22:51

You're both intelligent and clever? And yes I am both mocking you and making fun of you.

Jan 17th 2012, 23:18

Okay who should play Richard Burton? Micheal Shannon would be a good fit..

Jan 17th 2012, 23:18

Okay who should play Richard Burton? Micheal Shannon would be a good fit..

Jan 17th 2012, 23:22

Okay who should play Richard Burton? Micheal Shannon would be a good fit..

Jan 17th 2012, 23:26

For Burton... Tom Hardy. I really think he'd be epic. Him, or James Purefoy. I'd prefer to cast a Brit. Dalidab, I have never seen any evidence of you being intelligent on these boards. You thought the escaped convicts in the DKR trailer were chanting 'This is Sparta' FFS.

• StevePotter

Jan 18th 2012, 0:33

Any time a post goes from seven comments to thirty-seven in one day, I think but one thing: Dalibab.

• SixStepSamurai

Jan 18th 2012, 1:55

Exactly what I was thinkin as well Potter. When a feature has 30+ comments, you can pretty much guarantee Dabster's got some involvement, albeit negative involvment. You make an honest opinion about something and if Dalidab does'nt approve, then you're in for a whole world of hurt! @Dalidab, seriously, why for the love of Gerard Butler's cod piece would the convicts be chanting 'This is Sparta'? It's a serious Batman film, not a p**s take like Meet the Spartans.

• SixStepSamurai

Jan 18th 2012, 2:02

Oh and by the way Dalidab, what's you're new name gonna be, since I get the feelin you're gonna get another ban. You must have a c**p load of new names in preporation! Care to share?

Jan 18th 2012, 2:57

Er... Dalidab, you know in the trailer where the convicts start chanting it, then Bruce Wayne asks what they're saying, and the man replies 'Rise'? That is what is known in the trade as a clue...

• FBGRoberts

Jan 18th 2012, 7:39

I literally have no idea what went on here... Some form of s**tstorm interrupted an interesting debate about two less-than-cared-for women. I know I have no sway in the decision (if I did, I'd probably not be allowed to type here) but if I had to pick between the two, it'd be Lohan. I love Fox as a personality- she's f****d up in the head, so I read, but there's something endearing about Lohan. At least, there was before all the cocaine and s**t. Don't know how many people saw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--rs7Ni7nmA and though it seems as though she wanted to be taken seriously, the public vote on the YouTube page says quite a lot. I think, facially, Scarlett Johansson would do a fine job of her, and can act too which is a bonus. I haven't seen a film where she's had an English accent but apparently she's very good in The Other Boleyn Girl...

• SiMan

Jan 18th 2012, 14:47

Just on a more general point, whenever there is a biography done of someone, how big of a 'thing' is it that the actor/actress playing the person looks like them? Surely, the most important part is how well they can ACT like that person, not just look like them?

• DanRose

Jan 18th 2012, 15:02

God that was funny to read.... Murphy0806 you wily old thing you...you truly are a simple person Dalidab.... Oh and one more thing, don't say anything detrimental about Emma Stone again. That women is a goddess and a damn fine actress...

• StevePotter

Jan 18th 2012, 17:45

Emma Stone's a good actress. She was hilarious in Superbad and one of the the only good things about "Easy A" (and if you would like to me explain why I dislike that film, feel free to ask me politely). Certainly more talented than Megan Fox or Lindsay Lohan, although Lohan was pretty funny in "Mean Girls", which I will unashamedly admit to enjoy.

Jan 18th 2012, 19:13

Dalidab, are you real? You can't be. My congratulations go to the comic genius who invented you and writes your scripts.

• DanRose

Jan 18th 2012, 19:24

Wow... Dalidab. You really do have pipe up your a*s... figuratively speaking, I think.

Jan 19th 2012, 0:07

'damn f*****g ugly too'. You know, for a guy who accuses everyone else of being sexist for saying actresses are attractive, that's actually one of the most sexist things I've ever seen on here, you unpleasant little c**t.

• StevePotter

Jan 19th 2012, 0:56

@Dalibab- The same way I can have an opinion on the physical appearances of men. For example, I find Sean Connery, Christian Bale, Rod Serling, Heath Ledger, Ewan McGregor, Clive Owen and Chris Evans all to be insanely good-looking men. You don't HAVE to be straight in order to judge a woman's physical appearance. Also, you DID call her ugly, so it's a little harsh to call him a d******s for quoting you.

• smellyhands

Jan 19th 2012, 2:20

Dalidab, sexual preference has got absolutely nothing to do with how one judges someone's appearance. As StevePotter has clearly pointed out to you. And nobody cares about your sexual orientation. To say that Emma Stone is damn ugly is hilarious. Ron Howards brother Clint must be a dreamboat in your eyes.

Jan 19th 2012, 5:51

I quoted you, dumb s**t. That's what you said. Don't kick off at me you little prick, if you can't have an opinion, don't give it. You have no taste in films, and you're a moron, but you give your opinion about everything else!

Jan 19th 2012, 9:44

Dalidab, I know you're actually incapable of reading but what smellyhands and steve potter are saying is that you can tell if someone's attractive regardless if you're sexually attracted to them or not. Any straight guy can tell you're f**k ugly with the physique of porridge in a sock, just as most normal well-adjusted gay guys can tell if women are attractive or not. Also, once more your bisexual prejudice is ludicrous. My grandmother constantly rates my girlfriends in terms of attractiveness, that doesn't make her a closet lesbian you moron. It'd be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic, you really are a braindead, hateful little toad aren't you.

• QuietLife

Jan 19th 2012, 10:33

Tides move, seasons pass, the young get old. Dalidab remains a tw@t...

• QuietLife

Jan 19th 2012, 10:34

Haha - "porridge in a sock". I'm totally stealing that! :)

• smellyhands

Jan 19th 2012, 12:32

Poor misguided Dalidab. Unable to see reason. Unable to have proper constructive thought. Unable to decipher the cryptic language that is English. Also for someone who has a severe problem with fair reasoning and basic language/communication skills it throws every argument and opinion of yours out the window. I'd say the storks never delivered you but raised you themselves. Then realised what sort of abomination you were and left you in a tree.

• DanRose

Jan 19th 2012, 12:42

Ok, I admit it! I have a man crush on Ryan Gosling at the moment.... My girlfriend finds it hilarious. Do I want to have sex with him? Of course not. But I know a good looking guy when I see one. It's is called being comfortable with your own sexuality... I'm not sure you are comfortable with anything Dalidab. Particularly when it comes to interacting with other people... my guess is you are a very lonely man who counts Justin Beiber and Zac Efron as close friends because you happen to follow on them on twitter.

Jan 19th 2012, 13:39

I think the storks dropped him, from cruising altitude...

Jan 19th 2012, 13:46

The planets had to align just right for Dalidab to be born.

Jan 19th 2012, 16:17

I'd say Venus and Mars but he'd probably misinterpret it as some sort of bisexual comment.

Jan 19th 2012, 19:26

The less said about Uranus, the better.

• smellyhands

Jan 19th 2012, 19:30

Dalidab, bisexuals exist. They have existed since the dawn of human-kind. Have you heard of Ancient Rome and Ancient Greece. To say that nobody can be bisexual is by far the most sexist thing anyone here has said. Its like me telling you that nobody can be gay. Clearly I'd be wrong in saying that. Can you accept that you are wrong in saying that nobody can be bisexual? Can you? Also the gay community have been fighting for years to try and get their sexual orientation recognised by the general populous. Then you, a gay man starts shooting down that there is no such thing as bisexuality. Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind.

Jan 19th 2012, 19:57

Why do I get the feeling Dalidab's 'many friends in the real world' are the mummified, slowly decaying corpses of his entire family?

Jan 19th 2012, 21:48

'Nobody can be bisexual'. 'I know some bisexual people'. 'of course there are some bisexual people'. You've contradicted yourself in about half a dozen posts. Strange how you didn't know any bisexuals and said they didn't exist less than halfway up the page, you moronic, psychotic, borderline mentally incompetent waste of oxygen. Go slam your head in a car door until you knock some sense into yourself.

Jan 19th 2012, 21:52

Also smellyhands wasn't being kind and understanding, he was proving you were being sexist and were totally wrong. The man's running rings around you, you're just too stupid to realise.

Jan 19th 2012, 22:42

Sorry but this has been bothering me for ages. It's do, DO! Doe as we all know, is a female deer (as well as some other animals). Unless of course you are using old English, then I do apologise.

Jan 19th 2012, 22:50

No he actually IS talking about a female deer. An ugly one that he hates.

Jan 19th 2012, 23:02

Don't thank me. I actually have happy daydreams of opening the paper to find out a bisexual woman has thrown your worthless carcass off a high building.

Jan 20th 2012, 0:17

So, not a fan of either then?

Jan 21st 2012, 3:20

Don't be silly Dalidab, you have no soul to exploit. The only thing that would fail harder than trying to exploit your soul would be trying to sell your body.

Jan 21st 2012, 3:22

Although I don't actually agree with putting that biography on here.

• StevePotter

Jan 21st 2012, 8:05

Geez, my internet goes down for two days (we're having a huge snow storm over here in Enumclaw) and we reach 82 comments? Dalibab, I don't know what you're going on about me being gay. I have always judged men by their physical appearances, but men have certain body parts that disgust me, so I'm pretty sure I'm straight. Oh, and my best friend is a bisexual, but she's NEVER said that anyone else should change who they are. So please, keep your prejudiced, bigoted opinions to yourself.

Jan 21st 2012, 13:07

You couldn't pay a prostitute enough to f**k you, let alone have one pay you...

• SixStepSamurai

Jan 21st 2012, 14:18

80+ comments? This has got to be a new record! Come on everyone, let's aim for a century!

Jan 21st 2012, 14:52

Look at Lohan's t**s!... That should do it. Come on Dalidab, get us to 100

• smellyhands

Jan 21st 2012, 17:15

RANDOM COMMENTING!!!!!!!!

Jan 21st 2012, 20:28

Excellent! Random comments...

Jan 21st 2012, 20:31

Chuck Norris can stop time by thinking about pineapples. Dalidab is a flying puppy. The opposite sides of Megan Fox always add up to 7.

Jan 21st 2012, 22:02

Kratos is my father!

Jan 21st 2012, 22:40

Steve McQueen is mine.

• SixStepSamurai

Jan 21st 2012, 23:41

Dalidab: The Movie. Even better than Fred: The Movie.

Jan 21st 2012, 23:50

@Jeffbiscuits. Which one?

• SixStepSamurai

Jan 21st 2012, 23:55

And get the dude from The Human Centipede 2 to play the lead.

Jan 22nd 2012, 9:31

@murphy0806 the cooler king.

Jan 22nd 2012, 9:34

Tributes? Have you died?

Jan 22nd 2012, 11:07

BOOYAKASHA!

Jan 22nd 2012, 11:26

Comment 101 should really be something about banishing Dalidab to Room 101...

• SixStepSamurai

Jan 22nd 2012, 11:27

100 posts! NEW WORLD RECORD!

Jan 22nd 2012, 13:12

Want to go for 200? ;-)

• SixStepSamurai

Jan 22nd 2012, 19:03

Then say something vile, disgusting and sexist (According to Dalidab) and wait for the Dabster's reaction! Peasy!

Jan 22nd 2012, 21:56

Did anyone else hear that Justin Bieber's in the new Resident Evil film?

Jan 22nd 2012, 22:19

It's a porno too.

Jan 22nd 2012, 22:48

Jamie Bell and Nicholas Hoult are in it too.

Jan 22nd 2012, 23:43

There's Oscar buzz about Milla Jovovich's performance.

Jan 22nd 2012, 23:47

Having fun there Jeffbiscuits?

Jan 23rd 2012, 7:06

Troll? What troll?

Jan 23rd 2012, 8:31

*edges away from jumbo bag of troll food*