Machete sequel could film in April

Danny Trejo in talks for Machete Kills

Good new for fans of B-movie trashiness, as Robert Rodriguez has set the wheels in motion for action sequel Machete Kills. And what’s more, it could be with us sooner rather than later…

Having seen the first film make a respectable profit (a $44 million take against a $10.5 million budget), a script is reportedly in place for the sequel, with Rodriguez hoping to start filming in April.

Danny Trejo is reportedly in talks to reprise his role as the badass Mexican hit-man, and from the sounds of it, the new plot is even more out there than the original.

Machete Kills will see Trejo’s character attempting to foil the villainous machinations of  a billionaire arms dealer, who plans to spread war across the globe with the assistance of a mega weapon… in space.

How Rodriguez has managed to resist calling this one Machete In Space is beyond us, but if the second film is a success, we could see him complete the trilogy with mooted second sequel, Machete Kills Again.

However, given that the long-promised Sin City 2 still remains no closer to fruition, we’d advise taking these grand plans with a pinch of salt…

Are you hungry for a Machete sequel? Share your thoughts, below.

Comments

Feb 7th 2012, 16:20

Jesus Christ Almighty give us Sin City 2 already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• murphy

Feb 7th 2012, 18:23

I liked the first one it was good dumb fun and dalidab No.It wouldn't.

• pingpong

Feb 7th 2012, 18:23

Alright. Machete was fun. Stupid fun. Ridiculously stupid fun. It's on my guilty pleasures list anyway so i won't mind a part 2 or even 3. But i have to agree with Ali1748. I'd rather see Sin City 2 first.

• marc96

Feb 7th 2012, 19:39

i thought machete was awful , but as it was so silly and over the top it was watchable. im never sure what to make of robert rodriguez, it seems that for every sin city we also get a machete film, suppose this isnt a bad thing to the people that like it though ... either way i dont give a damn about a machete 2 just give us a sin city 2 whilst the older actors are still alive (bit of an exaggeration i know lol)

• marc96

Feb 7th 2012, 20:21

@TheKingofCinema i find it funny how your quick to criticise someone elses opinion considering how you always defend your own taste in films with "its my opinion".... as shown above with @murphy.... and yes im very aware that it is just a film (although im glad you told me as for a moment i thought it might be real).. my opinion is that its not very good , i agree about the great cast but feel that was the only positive thing about it... well excluding jessica alba and lindsey lohan, and starting to feel shocked that the latter gets a job in any film even as a grip these days

• pingpong

Feb 7th 2012, 20:41

@TheKingofCinema: I love revenge films, but in this respect Machete didn't score too well. It was stupid, mindless B Movie fun. I enjoyed watching it, but that's about it. Not that many great performances here, except for Danny Trejo whose face alone is a performance in itself. Anyway, it was fun while it lasted, bring on part 2,3,x but still finish Sin City 2 already....

Feb 7th 2012, 22:04

'Machete could film in April' LOL is that a play on words? Because I think everyone has seen enough of Lohans' smack-addled knob-warmer.

• writerdave87

Feb 7th 2012, 22:36

My opinion is that Dalidab is a c**t. :-) but hey that's just my opinion, and that's cool.

• joker16

Feb 8th 2012, 2:44

I recently caught a glimpse of my own sh!t and was shocked by how closely it resembled Dalidab's face.

• MikeyRix

Feb 8th 2012, 8:10

Oh wow, they're actually doing it? Much as I loved the first one, I didn't think they would. xD

• murphy

Feb 8th 2012, 8:57

LOL @ Writerdave,i share that opinion and @Joker,i bet your sh!t had a higher IQ and better taste in films though!

• murphy

Feb 8th 2012, 9:05

Oh and Hadouken,Don't know aout it being a 'knob-warmer' I bet it's pretty draughty up there! Also laughing at dalidab getting excited at the 'x' in pingpongs' comment,it DOES not mean pingpong wants to marry you dalidaft.

Feb 8th 2012, 17:33

All of you have such potty mouths.

• writerdave87

Feb 8th 2012, 22:59

I want to know how I'm supposed to 'shut the f**k'... I wasn't aware I left a f**k open.

• QuietLife

Feb 9th 2012, 9:23

I'm penning a new movie where the basic premise is, Danny Trejo, @dalidab & @writerdave87 all go on a holiday to Slough. It's all going as planned until one morning an animated doe (voiced by Justin Bieber) is found in the en-suite and then the shenanigans ensue...