Man Of Steel full-length trailer: watch online now

Superman returns…

Man Of Steel has released a brand new trailer online, and you can watch it right here.

The new promo focuses on Superman’s formative years, before giving Henry Cavill plenty of opportunity to show off that billowing red cape.

It has the same serene atmosphere as the earlier teaser trailer, with an extra boost of action in the second half.

Watch the trailer now:

It looks like we’ll be getting a fair amount of beardy brooding from Cavill, but like Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins, it seems as though the emphasis will be placed squarely on the title character’s shoulders.

There’s the briefest glimpse at Michael Shannon’s Zod and Amy Adams’ Lois Lane, although we’re not given a clear idea of how they’ll fit into the plot.

Man Of Steel opens in the UK on 14 June 2013.

What do you think of the trailer? Most anticipated film of 2013? Tell us!

Comments

• CaptainCrazy

Dec 11th 2012, 17:38

2013 just got super (sorry). I think I just let out a little bit of wee.

• FBALeal

Dec 11th 2012, 17:42

I can truly say that, Superman is back!

• FBALeal

Dec 11th 2012, 17:50

Suddenly, I am not so nervous about the Justice League movie any more.

• Chufferstud

Dec 11th 2012, 18:46

Oh no, I hate going against the grain, but the trailer didn't do much for me :( don't hate me, just an opinion. Just looked a bit depressing. Not sure what I was expecting, but it looks nice.

• mattburgess

Dec 11th 2012, 19:13

I'll still see it at the cinema, but I really hope it's better than this trailer, which was only 'meh'.

• philipjamesd

Dec 11th 2012, 19:15

I also did a bit of a wee wee. Everything about this trailer feels right. The casting for the film is fantastic and it really feels like it's time for Superman to take over in the same way that Batman has dominated these last few years. Exciting times!

• dangoodfellow

Dec 11th 2012, 19:17

wow, what a great trailer!i'm sure that it's entirely representative of the quality of the finished movie, after all , trailers have never let us down before! I've personally never been disapointed in a movie that had a great trailer, so i'm sure i won't be this time either. almost as exciting as the prometheus trailer, or that great teaser for the last airbender!

Dec 11th 2012, 19:43

Looks suitably epic, hope it isnt too reserved, thats what killed off Superman Returns. Anyway, cue...TF breaking down Man of steel trailer..questions raised. Annnd GO!

• Murphy0806

Dec 11th 2012, 20:00

Hope this has a bit of substance, Zack Snyder's films are usually pretty shallow affairs. @dangoodfellow Reign of Fire was like my best film of ever!

Dec 11th 2012, 20:01

Mother Of God !!!! I am calling it now Zack Snyder will be handed the Justice League reigns.

Dec 11th 2012, 20:02

reins*

• thechief90

Dec 11th 2012, 20:14

Am I the only one who sees Nolan's signature all over this? Anyways a good trailer. This is certainly climbing my chart of top anticipated films of 2013

Dec 11th 2012, 20:16

Actually I see more of David Goyer's signature over it.

• dojj singh

Dec 11th 2012, 20:50

It's got the Nolan Batman reboot look and feel. Based on just the trailer, I predict high levels of Awesome. And I'd better be right or else someone will have to open up a Can Of Whoopass.

• FBALeal

Dec 11th 2012, 21:25

Murphy, I agree that Snyder's films tend to be rather shallow but I trust Nolan and Goyer on this one. I for one am impressed with the trailer. We'll have to see next July.

• spoonlamp

Dec 11th 2012, 21:26

Just hope that Snyder doesn't do his usual slow-mo dancing for all the action scenes. The fast stuff should be fast. I mean, has he never seen The 6 Million Dollar Man???

• FBALeal

Dec 11th 2012, 21:26

I second Hadouken's motion of TF breaking down the trailer. Those are always enjoyable.

• Andy85

Dec 11th 2012, 22:57

Yep, definately sex weed all over the place. A beautiful, deep trailer with my favourite Lisa Gerrard song 'Elegy' introducing the confusion of bearing the powers but carrying the decisions. I loved the dark insuations of a misguided Jonathan Kent advising the young and impressionable Clark that hiding his identity is more important than saving lives, that the older and more rugged Clark is trying to come to terms with his past and live by his morals. Snyder may be wealding the camera but this film is going to be all heart baby and has Nolans stamp all over it. There is no doubt in my mind that Nolan will be / probably already is overseeing the Justice League and it is going to be one epic ride. I know it is only a trailer but I felt that it was a perfect insight, didn't really give anything away but gave you enough to get the spine tingling. Bring. It. On...

• kassjawaid

Dec 11th 2012, 23:50

I see Nolan/ Goyer (in a metaphorical way) in the trailer. Let's hope that it's better than SUPERMAN RETURNS!!! I hope the film is different cus i don't want it to be it's-like-BATMAN-BEGINS-but-with-Superman film!! And I agree with FBALeal - really excited about the Justice League film!!

• samring

Dec 12th 2012, 2:50

My father believed if the world found out who i really was they'd reject me. He was convinced the world wasn't ready". Just me or does this sound like a reflection of various attiudes circling around out there that the character and the wider DC universe can't be adpated on a serious and more dramatic level? Nolan, Goyer and Snyder are probabley cackling as we speak....

• samring

Dec 12th 2012, 2:54

Oh and for anyone who doesn't think Snyder has any input in the look of this at all then you need to watch his film's again... Gorgeous visuals, and they are all definetly from him.

• Chufferstud

Dec 12th 2012, 9:30

ok, I've watched it several times now and I am still a little underwhelmed. I think it's because the editing is very quick and I don't see anything epic in scale, apart from the gorgeous scene where his fist is on the ground and goes all swirly and he takes off. Maybe I was looking for a face off between him and Zod? I saw flashes of bits and I think a TF breakdown would help. The voice-over was nice and the ending cape flap worked a treat. You can see Nolan written all over it too, which is a good thing!

• revan1138

Dec 12th 2012, 11:40

wow still my most anticipated film next year.love the flying shot around the earth.looking epic.

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Dec 12th 2012, 13:05

Ive been a big detractor of both Zach Snyder and Superman on these very boards. Snyder for me has always been all about aestherics and his sexual politics dubious to say the least. Superman as a character Ive always struggled with, just too contrived. However, and I am surprised to be typing this. The trailer looks pretty damn good. Hopefully Snyder, under the influence of Nolan has decided plot is important. Might actually see this based upon this trailer.

• spid2411

Dec 12th 2012, 13:05

Looks excellent - next years Dark Knight Rises. After the batman trilogy and this I fear we may descend back into camp stupidity as the studio tries to make their own money spinner with the Justice League to copy The Avengers (which was brainless fluff - once you have seen it, no need to see it again so I was surprised by the OTT reaction of people over the age of 10). That would be a shame so I will enjoy what Nolan has done to these characters as either director, writer or producer and rubber future attempts to f**k it all up for money.

• SiMan

Dec 12th 2012, 14:42

Anyone else get a hint of 'Gladiator' with the music? I liked the music that was on the comic con trailer as well (admitedly i only saw bootleg versions of that), but I think the tone of it seems to be right. I think out of all of the superheroes/comics out there, Superman is the one that should have an 'epic' feel about the movie. I hope this is as good as the Batman reboot. Looking forward to it even more now - the casting looks like it will pay off (Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent = brilliant - "should i have let them die?"........"yes"

• loveroflostgirl

Dec 12th 2012, 17:55

Like the epic feel and the hint of darkness.....Promising....

Dec 12th 2012, 19:10

Was that an actual sample of Hans Zimmer's score in the trailer ?

• dex2010

Dec 15th 2012, 11:17

Looks really good, Darker than the older movies. Im really looking forward to this.