Marley And Me, starring Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson and a parade of cute dogs, won the US box office this Christmas weekend with $37.6 million.
The long weekend – not including Thursday’s Christmas Day takes – also saw Bedtime Stories, Adam Sandler’s latest, score $28 million for second place, while The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button win a solid third place with $27 million.
Tom Cruise’s Valkyrie, meanwhile, took fourth with $21.5 million, pushing last weekend’s leader, Yes Man, to fifth with $16.4 million.
The week’s one other wide release, The Spirit, belly flopped into ninth place with crushing reviews and $6.5 million. See the full top 10 chart below.
- Marley And Me ($37 million)
- Bedtime Stories ($28 million)
- The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button ($27 million)
- Valkyrie ($21.5 million)
- Yes Man ($16.4 million)
- Seven Pounds ($13.4 million)
- The Tale Of Despereaux ($9.3 million)
- The Day The Earth Stood Still ($7.9 million)
- The Spirit ($6.5 million)
- Doubt ($5.6 million)
[Source: Box Office Mojo]