Martin Lawrence confirms Bad Boys 3 is on the way

Star says Jerry Bruckheimer has assured him it’s happening

Bad Boys 3 could soon be on the way, according to one half of the franchise’s titular double act, Martin Lawrence.

Appearing on the Conan O’Brien show, Lawrence was asked whether the long-rumoured second sequel was actually happening, and revealed that Jerry Bruckheimer has assured him it is.

“I believe so, yes,” said Lawrence when the question was asked. “I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said its real, they’re working on the script, they’re getting close and it all looks good.”

Up until this point, Will Smith has remained conspicuously quiet, and one of the major obstacles for any sequel will be the ability to meet his fee. Because after all, if Smith isn’t involved, there isn’t really much point.

Still, fans of the series can be encouraged that the wheels are in motion on this one, and one would imagine that for a script to be greenlit, Smith must have made some noises about coming aboard, at least in private. Watch this space...

Would you watch a third film in the series? Tell us, below!

Comments

• slipperyeel

Aug 14th 2014, 9:08

I can't wait for those people who will be excited for this to come out and express their feelings....and then spout their fury at Ninja Turtles because it's "directed" by Michael Bay.

• jaykays hat

Aug 14th 2014, 11:57

Can't wait to see Lowrey & Burnett back together again. Loved Bad Boys 2

• NickyC

Aug 14th 2014, 13:07

They need Will Smith. They don't need Michael Bay.

• jocksnide

Aug 14th 2014, 13:52

Never understood the hatred for Michael Bay. He is a director and a damn good one at that. Yes some of the movies he has directed haven't been great but he never wrote them.

• MrOrange

Aug 14th 2014, 14:44

Bad Boys 1 and 2 are the only films by Michael Bay that I enjoy. Everything else he has directed is s**t. I am very excited for a sequel.

Aug 14th 2014, 15:25

The problem with Will Smith is he still thinks it's the 90's. He's been unable or unwilling to adapt to todays movie going audience. Say what you will about Tom Cruise's fading star but for every Blockbuster there's a Jack Reacher or a Lion for Lambs.

• vincevega

Aug 14th 2014, 15:50

I liked the Rock. The Island was not bad. Bad Boys was fun. and his last movie made over $ 1b... I don't really think he cares one bit about the haters.

• endofdays2

Aug 14th 2014, 17:51

Will Smith is too much of a Billy big bollocks nowadays. He thought Independence Day 2 was below him and will probably think the same about Bad Boys 3. He can stick to c**p like After Earth.

• QuietLife

Aug 15th 2014, 10:48

I have to stick up for Bay as "The Rock" is possibly my favourite action movie after Die Hard and Face/Off. I get the sense that, like Snyder, he actually needs slightly less creative freedom. I could certainly do without another 'Low-angle, 360 degree panning shot with an orange filter'.

• MrOrange

Aug 15th 2014, 15:33

@Ali1748 don't forget Edge of Tomorrow.

• MrOrange

Aug 15th 2014, 15:38

Will Smith is doing Hancock 2 and not long ago did Men in Black 3 so I don't know if he is that much of an arsehole when it comes to doing sequels. He probably didn't want to do Independence Day 2 because there is no need for a sequel.

• slipperyeel

Aug 15th 2014, 16:05

I loved Bad Boys when I was 16, but looking at it now it doesn't hold up. It's incredibly stupid. Bad Boys 2 was even worse and an insult to anyone's intelligence. I don't hate on Michael Bay like others do, but by God he has made some terrible movies. His problem is that he aligns himself with scriptwriters who are just awful. Give him a good script and I truly believe he can make a very good movie.