Meet Trevor Slattery in new clip from Marvel One-Shot All Hail The King: watch now

The most infamous prisoner in America

A new clip has turned up online from Marvel’s next One-Shot, All Hail The King, in which Scoot McNairy’s reporter is granted an interview with none other than Trevor Slattery himself.

Billed as America’s most infamous prisoner, Slattery is now something of a celebrity behind bars, with the other inmates chanting his name whenever he leaves his cell.

Most of the new clip focuses on McNairy’s earnest journalist, but there is a little nugget of gold for Trevor fans at the very end…

Take a look at the new clip, below…

Ben Kingsley’s turn in Iron Man 3 was a stroke of genius in our book, so we can’t wait to see more of him here. Meanwhile, McNairy’s deadpan performance looks to have the makings of perfect straight-man material!

All Hail The King will be packaged with the DVD and Blu-ray of Thor: The Dark World, which will go on sale in the UK on 24 February 2014.

What do you think of the new clip? Tell us, below!

Comments

Jan 16th 2014, 14:35

endofdays - You are correct sir. Ben Kingsley's performance in Iron Man 3 stoinks.

• trist808

Jan 16th 2014, 14:37

I disagree @endofdays, I loved IM3 and the twist, which I think works perfectly in the context of the film and the Marvel Movie-Verse itself. I understand why long-term comic-book fans hate it, but as a long-term comic-book fan myself (35 years and counting) I thought it was great. Can't wait to see this One-Shot and if the rumours are true and the REAL Mandarin is out there and p*****d off at Slattery for ruining his name, we could still see a version closer to the comics in either an Avengers film, Iron Man 4, or possibly further One-Shots on Marvel's Blu-Ray releases. I don't see it as back-tracking either, because Slattery happened regardless, but maybe giving the fans what they want isn't a bad idea by having a Mandarin who's more in line with the comics. Even the most recent run where he's in a business suit and is more of a mastermind than a bloke with 10 rings castings spells at our armoured Avenger, might appease fans :)

• trist808

Jan 16th 2014, 14:43

@Ali1748, I know you're not a fan of IM3 or Kingsley in the film ... I hope you can refrain from looking at the extras on the Thor: Dark World disc when it comes out (don't do it, you know it will only wind you up!!!) :)

Jan 16th 2014, 14:57

trist - When my Thor Blu Ray arrives I am going to chop the extras disc into tiny pieces and sneak it into Shane Black's sandwiches.

• trist808

Jan 16th 2014, 15:08

Haha, extreme but I look forward to the news hitting SKY at the end of February ... "Film director Shane Black was hospitalised today, following a strange incident involving a sandwich and what looks to be shards of a Blu-Ray disc replacing what Shane thought was cheese" :)

Jan 16th 2014, 15:22

lmao

• BobbyTwoTimes

Jan 16th 2014, 16:29

Forget spandex suits, dodgy hairstyles and cheesy one liners......Kingsley's turn in Iron Man was the most embarrassing and plain cr4p thing to come out of any Marvel film so far. I almost stabbed myself in my eyes when he shouts "Ole ole ole ole" when Liverpool score. Who the f*ck says that anymore?! Awful. Just utterly sh*t!

• MadMatt

Jan 18th 2014, 22:10

The comments section beneath any "Ben Kingsley in Iron Man 3" thread never ceases to leave me shaking my head in bafflement. I'm 100% in agreement with Total Film, here.