Michael Bay in talks for fourth Transformers movie

In talks with Hasbro...

Brian Goldner CEO of Hasbro has said the toy giant is in active discussions with studio partner Paramount about the fourth instalment in the Transformers film series.

Goldner said that Hasbro and Paramount are talking to directors Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg about returning to the franchise.

Bay and Shia LaBeouf have said the trilogy finale Dark of the Moon would be the last film in the series for both of them.

Shia LaBeouf told MTV “I’m not coming back to do another one. I don’t think Mike [Bay] will either.”

But Bay has gone back on his word before (slagging off 3D, then deciding it's brilliant, resolutely stating he won't do Transformers 3 and so on) so there's every chance he'll be back.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon was met with astonishing box-office results on release - especially considering the reviews - so we can see why Hasbro would want Bay back.

Whatever happens, it is clear we haven't heard the last from Optimus Prime and his metal mates.

Who would you like to see direct Transformers 4? Tell us below!

Comments

• LukeSween

Oct 17th 2011, 17:32

jesus, hope it stays. It will be monumentally s**t

• writerdave87

Oct 17th 2011, 17:33

Especially considering the reviews? You gave it 3 stars...

• DonisFun

Oct 17th 2011, 17:35

I really hope they don't, the first was just about ok, the 2nd and 3rd were embarrassing. Maybe they should get another director involved in it.....mainly because I don't personally want to see anymore cheesy slo-mo shot's involving helicopters, planes and men trying to look cool/hard as s**t with guns!

• revan1138

Oct 17th 2011, 17:59

o.k here goes .i liked all of them and would welcome a 4th one.

• FBAMcLean

Oct 17th 2011, 18:06

why? i mean why? why? why would this happen? why? why on earth? why? why? why? i mean seriously why? why would this even be thought about? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why?

• murphy

Oct 17th 2011, 18:10

Cash Cow

Oct 17th 2011, 18:13

Cant they make a M.A.S.K movie instead? That would be sweet!

• albongo

Oct 17th 2011, 18:14

When people pay money to see Transfomers, they go watch a movie about giant robots and explosions (remember the first rule about humans, People Are Dumb). Few are those who are aware of the movie being a Micheal Bay movie. In other words, if the movie was directed by anyone else, they are high chances that it won't matter. It would still be a hit. Having said that, I am hoping an actual movie director will get the job. I a still waiting for good Transformers movie.

Oct 17th 2011, 18:38

Still amazes me that those three piles of dung made billions of dollars.

• Trickycustomer

Oct 17th 2011, 18:56

Maybe a new story arc would be best if a forth movie was considered

• Trickycustomer

Oct 17th 2011, 19:05

A Jayce and the wheeled warriors movie would also be awesome

• Trickycustomer

Oct 17th 2011, 20:03

Lol who to direct?

• Gav83

Oct 17th 2011, 21:02

Had this very discussion with a mate in work recently; 80's cartoons that seriously need the movie treatment: Jayce and the wheeled warriors M.A.S.K. Voltron - already being kicked around and my personal favourite: Bravestarr! Sweet Jebus that would be every shade of awesome.

• Indianabones

Oct 17th 2011, 21:14

I am truly shocked that these movies have made so much money! they are truly awful! no substance no story no acting! put this with Res Evil and you have two completely wasted films that had such potential! I know you may disagree Dalidab, but the potential those two franchises had was unbelievable! they could have made as much money and actually had good films

• writerdave87

Oct 18th 2011, 4:23

Wow I think that's the first time Dalidab has said 'that's your opinion and that's fine' without immediately going on to be spectacularly rude and/or an idiot. You've definitely turned over a new leaf Dalidab ;)

• craigy111

Oct 18th 2011, 5:35

1st one was good, 2nd one was eh... c**p, 3rd one I thought was sleazy with all the slow-mo posing. If they make a 4th I hope its directed by someone who is a bit less determined to make people look cheesy.

• StevePotter

Oct 18th 2011, 19:57

The first was good, the second was one of the worst movies ever made, and I thought the third one was... good. That said, a sequel would just be stupid. There's really nothing else I want to see them do with the series.

• QuietLife

Oct 18th 2011, 23:41

I have still not seen the third as the second put me off so much. May have to catch it on Sky as it's bound to be repeated to death over Christmas. (By the way, I'm assuming dalidab is aware of his own irony there?)

• Indianabones

Oct 19th 2011, 11:38

Quietlife, if you didn't like the 2nd one, I wouldn't bother with the 3rd one, its a terrible movie and much in the same vain. If they concentrated on the humans anymore, not sure they could call it Transformers. Oh I hate this Franchise!