Michael Bay set for Transformers 4

In final negotiations to take the helm once more

Fans of booming explosions, vomit-inducing quick-cuts and lingering cleavage shots rejoice, for Michael Bay is a whisker away from agreeing to do Transformers 4

According to NY magazine, the director is in final negotiations with Paramount, with a deal expected to be announced imminently. The selling point for Bay is the possibility of a two-picture deal, in which the studio would also release Pain Or Gain, Bay’s bodybuilding crime thriller.

Pain Or Gain follows the true story of a group of Miami bodybuilders who kidnapped, robbed and tortured a Florida businessman, only for their victim to hire a private eye to get him some revenge.

According to NY’s source, “Without Pain, there’s no tit for tat. That’s Paramount’s leverage.” Or Bay’s, depending on which way you look at it.

However, if the deal is signed, the next Transformers movie will not be a prequel as had previously been suggested. Indeed, another source suggests that the fourth movie will head deep into the Transformers canon to dig out some fan-pleasing new characters.

“Regular people might not care about bringing out a character like Sentinel Prime," says the source of one of  Dark Of The Moon’s key players, "but believe me, fans of the series cared.”

So Rosie Huntington-Whitely's career isn't dead after all, then! We always knew she was going to go far...

Do you want any more Transformers movies? And if so, is another round of Bayhem the way to go? Thoughts below, please.

Comments

• Seedorf

Dec 7th 2011, 15:19

Please help us! No more Bay Transformers films! Bring in a new director, with new ideas, something different.

• Tarantino3011

Dec 7th 2011, 15:28

THATS IT, I NOW KNOW THERE IS NO GOD!!!!

• mcghater

Dec 7th 2011, 16:50

oh f u c k me

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Dec 7th 2011, 17:20

1 OK 2 shyte 3 didnt see 4 no chance

• Heisenberg

Dec 7th 2011, 18:03

Bring it on, enjoyed them all so far B-)

• GFoley83

Dec 7th 2011, 19:51

Why in the name of god couldn't they just bring in another director? I'm terribly vexed.

• Indianabones

Dec 8th 2011, 1:00

Shocked, upset and dismayed how the hell 2 & 3 made so much money, and I hate to say it, 4 will make it too! terrible terrible films, so much wasted potential! guess No 4 will be more about the humans again. Truly shocking

Dec 8th 2011, 2:13

All we need now is for George Lucas to announce Indiana Jones V: The Odyssey to Mars.

• ilikescifi

Dec 8th 2011, 8:37

God Dammit. In retrospect he updated the franchise brilliantly, they all look amazing, but they are also garbage. The scripts are frustrating, and the sexism is annoying. Whatever. It will make the same amount of money regardless of whether it is good or bad anyway. I will still go and see it. Oh the b******t I endure for a little bit of escapism.

• AbAeterno

Dec 8th 2011, 9:50

I love that the recommended reading under the article is "No Transformers 3 For Michael Bay."

• FBGLove

Dec 9th 2011, 6:37

VideoChatroom(VCR) ‎Free Video Chat Rooms on Facebook 12 Monitor live for Room Free Video Conference Free Video Chat Free Chat Room If your browser is Chrome or have flash player already!. You can run CamChat without install. Search Video Chat Rooms ,App on Facebook http://goo.gl/009As

• murphy

Dec 9th 2011, 11:22

@AbAeterno Followed by Michael Bay talks Transformers 3 hahaha the guy is almost as big a bell end as Dalidonkey,"imho I thought the third one Transformers: Dark of the Moon was the best live action Transformers film ever to date." ok mate just keep taking the medication!

• murphy

Dec 9th 2011, 12:52

That's because you couldn't,If you think the dark of the moon is the best then fair play to you,but you always seem to say that sh!t films are good,i thought before that you were simply a troll but now i believe you just have absolutely rotten taste,you're probably a fan of ATM eh ;) Oh and stop adding e onto the end of words like go and do you cretin.

• andrew007

Dec 9th 2011, 13:02

Oh goodness. As good at what Bay does he might be, if you understand my convulations, but he doesn't appear to have a very broad portfolio of technique nor 'vision'. I haven't seen T3 yet (when is the 3D version coming please?) but surely 3 films will have exhausted all he has to bring to this party. The franchise has lots of legs in it still but I think a new director is needed to give us a different direction. Something less crash bang wallop perhaps? Something darker? Dunno, but please let's pat Bay on the head and ask him to run along now. Christopher Nolan perhaps? Mmmmm

• Dalekbuster523

Dec 9th 2011, 16:06

I'd rather he just left Transformers to rest.It won't work without Shia La Beouf.

• writerdave87

Dec 9th 2011, 22:51

Whoa, whoa whoa... lay off Tigerland. You really wouldn't know a decent film if it punched you in the face.

• writerdave87

Dec 10th 2011, 12:31

We've gone over this before. Just because you like some good films doesn't explain why you have irrational hatred of others, but fair enough that's actually quite a decent list. I like Tigerland, I think i's probably Farrell's best film imho and I really wanted them to make a sequel set in-country as I thought the Bozz character was great. I'd agree with most of your films on that list, though Enemy at the Gates does really irritate me- on one hand it's a great, powerful war movie about Stalingrad, but the lame cardboard love triangle ruins it for me.

• FBJRoberts18

Dec 11th 2011, 19:03

This made my day reading this

• writerdave87

Dec 11th 2011, 23:50

Oh FFS just shut up Dalidab, I don't think you have decent taste at all. You just happen to like some good films in amongst the piles of s**t. f**k off.

• marc96

Dec 14th 2011, 22:07

i love the transformers movies, it doesnt mean im only into dumb explosive movies but i do enjoy them as well as watching a great drama, comedy etc... granted michael bay doesnt know much about plot but he makes up for it with great action set pieces and great camera angles on girls and as what ive said would cause enough hatred from some, i might as well say now that i also like shia lebeouf :-D