Michael Bay talks Transformers 3

He's starting to work on it with a "great" story...

Michael Bay has announced that the's officially started work on Transformers 3.

The hyperbolic filmmaker broke the news on his official site, claiming they have a "great story" and relating the details of what he's already been up to on the movie.

"Today is Day One. This morning started with an ILM meeting for five hours in San Francisco. Currently I'm flying with writer Ehren Kruger to Rhode Island to talk to Hasbro about new characters."

And he even managed to cram in not only a reference to the project that was supposed to shoot before TF3 ("Pain And Gain is right after shooting Trans 3"), but another sly comedy shot at a certain starlet.

"Megan Fox, welcome back. I promise no alien robots will harm you in any way during the production of this motion picture.

"Please consult your Physician when working under my direction because some side effects can occur, such as mild dizziness, intense nausea, suicidal tendencies, depression, minor chest hair growth, random internal hemorrhaging and inability to sleep.

"As some directors may be hazardous to your health, please consult your Doctor to determine if this is right for you."

Well, at least he's mildly chucklesome about it.

Everyone who loved TF: ROTFL prepare to get very excited. Everyone else? Let those tears flow…

[Source: Michaelbay.com]

So then… Thrilled? Horrified? Glad? Disgusted? Let your joy/venom flow below!

Comments

• AYBGerrardo

Oct 1st 2009, 20:20

"Everyone who loved TF: ROTFL prepare to get very excited." I was going to post "Both of you" but then I realised the ROTFL already got the point across nicely.

• ScottFree

Oct 1st 2009, 21:28

prepare yourself for another round of Bayhem! I'm excited!

Oct 1st 2009, 23:20

Oh god no these movies are horrible.

• ManMadeMonkey

Oct 2nd 2009, 0:40

I'm sure after the dismal sequel nobody is looking forrward to another of these movies, apart from you ScottFree. You are being sarcastic though, aren't you?

• koolerking

Oct 2nd 2009, 7:43

Please god no more!

• JammieD

Oct 2nd 2009, 8:54

I'm looking forward to a third one as I enjoyed both previous movies. I always find it handy to remember this tip for movies I don't want to see, it's very easy to do and has done me proud over the years...ready...DON'T GO AND SEE THE FILM! Now I know it sounds difficult to comprehend that you don't go and see a film you don't want to see, but that doesn't stop people whining and b******g about it. What's the point of wasting your time complaining about something that you have no interest about? Now can someone help me off my high horse, I suffer from terrible vertigo!

• gazw24

Oct 2nd 2009, 21:08

When I was a kid I was THE biggest transformers fan going. I have waited and waited for a movie to be made and when I finally heard it was in the pipeline i was ecstatic, until I heard it was Micheal Bay. But you know what? I watched the first movie and I wasnt dissapointed. But I wasnt over the moon either. ROTF was a vast improvement in my book and I am indeed looking forward to number 3. And like JammieD says, If you dont want to see the film, dont.

• DanielMcA

Oct 2nd 2009, 22:07

Cinema is at a crossroads. One path leads to vapid, over-produced merchandise selling franchises which are made by people that get worked up by 3D and talk about repeat peformance and say things like, "our key demographic is getting younger and younger". These films are the equivalent of chewing gum - all sugar and nutritionally empty, and are hugely popular in the way that public executions and Stock, Aitken and Waterman were. They are intellectually derelict, bereft of originality they anaesthetise audiences with somnifacient ploting, acting and dialogue. The other path leads to...the British Cinema Industry. Oh c**p. Pass me the footlong hotdog JammieD. I hear McG is remaking Potemkin. He wants Labeouf for Vakulinchuk. f**k Yeah!

• Andy85

Oct 3rd 2009, 12:17

It needs less comedic pap about labouf and family and more kickass robot fighting like just before prime got nailed in ROTF. Bay needs to go all out in this one and possibly/hopefully introduce the mutha of all muthas aka UNICRON!!!