Michael Fassbender says Prometheus 2 'is going to happen'

The Prometheus stars confirms it's on the way

Fans and critics alike of Ridley Scott's epic Alien pseudo-prequel are in luck.

Whilst chatting to Michael Fassbender about his new also-Ridley Scott-directed drama The Counsellor, the star admitted that - while news on its production may have gone quiet of late - Prometheus is going to happen.

Fassbender, who played the sci-fi blockbuster's stand-out android David, admits he's looking forward to getting back to the part, as well as seeing how they cope with the rather, erm, problematic bodily situation he found himself in at Prometheus' end.

Watch our video below to hear him enthuse about a sequel.

The Counsellor is in UK cinemas 15 November 2013.

And for more Fassbender goodness (along with a healthy dollop of Javier Bardem), just watch our main The Counsellor interview below...

Are you looking forward to a Prometheus sequel? Let us know below!

Comments

• ilikescifi

Nov 11th 2013, 12:01

C3PO's headless jokes from episode 2 spring to mind ("I'm beside myself"). I still firmly believe Prome 2 does not need to pick up directly where Prome 1 ended. None of the Alien series ever has

• dex2010

Nov 11th 2013, 12:29

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Prometheus was the Biggest let down ever. Guess it can't be as bad as the first one. Can it??

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Nov 11th 2013, 14:29

sigh - here we go again. Prometheus was a let down because it was over hyped. Its not an Alien film, get over that and its really very good. Yes its illogical at best on some levels, but so is Gravity. Prometheus is sci-fi with big ideas and I loved it. So yes, a sequel would be most welcome at Gravy towers.

• jasongiani

Nov 11th 2013, 14:31

TF can you make the video large by default? So I don't have to go to youtube every time I want to see the large size video.

• jasongiani

Nov 11th 2013, 14:34

and what about integrating facebook for the comments? So people get a notification when someone replies to them

• DanRose

Nov 11th 2013, 14:49

... why not have a like and dislike on the comments too...

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Nov 11th 2013, 15:10

I agree with the above comments about promoting debate. The present system only allows comment, I have to come back and check manually to see if there is further interaction.

• H3isenberg

Nov 11th 2013, 15:22

@RaveyDaveyGravy - so it couldn't have just been a let down because it was a poor film? That with all the talent in front of (and behind) the camera it just didn't deliver? That the writer seemed more concerned with teasing people than crafting a cohesive story that made sense? I didn't view it as an Alien film (in fact, doing so may have made it better in my eyes as the last 2 have hardly been good) and it just wasn't very good. Teased everything, showed nothing and most of it was just kind of pointless.

• chibik

Nov 11th 2013, 15:53

Yeah, let's get Facebook comments so that people like me who don't use it can't comment. Looking foward to a Prometheus sequel!

Nov 11th 2013, 16:39

Well Fassbender's character was about the only redeeming thing about Prometheus. If they must insist making a sequel then let someone else direct. Sir Ridley Scott isn't a great director anymore, he's lost the magic.

• batt101

Nov 11th 2013, 17:01

Ridley Scott is a spent force and facebook is lame!!

• CharsmatcEngma

Nov 11th 2013, 17:24

If TF is going to do anything in the comments section, i hope its find a better way to get rid of the spamming. I've never seen a website so bad at controlling the spamming comments, it can take hours, even over a day to get rid of it sometimes. I know you ask us to report it, but it shouldn't be on our shoulders to keep the website clean from c**p like that.

Nov 11th 2013, 17:48

I'd like to see an edit button brought to the comment section please. You could also improve the profile's a little.

• HughFran

Nov 11th 2013, 18:18

Bring it on! I am a big fan of the first one and cannot stand the hatred for it - it's as if it has become trendy to bemoan Prometheus. One thing I sure of is that they'll need more human characters as I can't imagine part two just being about Shaw and David. Perhaps they will have a run-in with Yutani corporation eh? :)

• HughFran

Nov 11th 2013, 18:20

Bring it on, cannot wait for this! I loved the first movie and I'm tired of the negative press it gets - it's now trendy to slam Prometheus.

Nov 11th 2013, 18:21

Damon Lindeof is just a notorious hack who tries to pass off sh/t he can't be bothered to explain as big 'ambiguois life mysteries'. Not to mention other peoples works. Lost -ruined. Prometheus - ruined. Cowboys and Aliens -ruined. World War Z -ruined. Star Trek into Darkness - 'oh let we are not going to do Star Trek 2: Wrath of Kahn, this will be completely different'. (Fills it with homages anyway). - Ruined.

• jeffbassetti

Nov 11th 2013, 20:43

Can't wait to see Prometheus 2 ... Prom 1 had problems, yes ... and if that was the bottom, they can only go up from here!

Nov 12th 2013, 18:33

I suppose it's Damon Lindeof's fault for The Counsellor, Robin Hood, Body Of Lies and A Good Year?

• gustavorazera

Nov 13th 2013, 0:26

Great news! I can't wait to find out more about the Engineers and see more of David and Elizabeth.

• vitao

Nov 26th 2013, 22:19

Most of the comments are negg

• vitao

Nov 26th 2013, 22:28

This is a good movie, i guess it wasn't made for majority of public. That's why you don't like it !!!!. I just like movies which make you think. Hope there will be second part, and won't be fcked by some hollywood "super" bullsh!t.