Michael Fassbender wants X-Men First Class 2

He's ready to return to Magneto

Michael Fassbender has been talking up his experiences on X-Men: First Class, saying he's ready to put Magneto's metal helmet back on and wave his hand in the air to make cars or whatever float around (we're paraphrasing here).

"It was a very rewarding experience, so hopefully we'll get the same team back again," he said.

And it seems he especially enjoyed working with James McAvoy, despite the fact they experienced difficult circumstances (very fast turnaround, very late reshoots).

"We worked very hard. It was a very trying time. Thank God, James is a very good guy, a very smart guy and he's a very practical guy," he said.

But Fass doesn't just want to work with James again, he's also fairly insistent Matthew Vaughn returns.

"He's great because he makes films as a fan. There's something like a nine-year-old boy in him when he's making a film," he admitted.

"He's very much into characters and allowing the characters to drive the plot and the plot to drive the action film, as opposed to action driving the film and threading in some sort of a plot."

X-Men: First Class is released on Blu-ray on 31 October.

What mutants do you want to see alongside Fassbender in First Class 2? Tell us below!

Comments

• QuietLife

Oct 11th 2011, 13:14

Great news. I actually thoroughly enjoyed First Class despite it's flaws. I'm hoping McAvoy returns as well and that they again hire Henry Jackman for the score.

• trist808

Oct 11th 2011, 13:51

Bring on the second term! I loved FIRST CLASS, thought it was one of the most enjoyable films out this summer. I hope everyone can come back in front and behind the camera .... well maybe not Kevin Bacon, that would be icky (lol) ... and produce a cracking second installment. It would be good if they can set it a few years later in the late 60's too.

• revan1138

Oct 11th 2011, 14:24

i did enjoy first class and i loved all the actors in it.i love james macavoy but when he puts his hand at the side of his head to do things, for some reason i just don't believe in him doing it.and he does it far to often in the movie.this is just a small pet hate of mine so i don't want the x-men fans coming down on me for it.

• FBALee

Oct 11th 2011, 20:35

This movie was so enjoyable, and who didn't love the surprise cameos by Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Romijn? Fassbender and McAvoy were excellent... January Jones as Emma Frost was rather disappointing, but that was just a small blip.

Oct 11th 2011, 20:59

Zoe Salanda as Storm. liev Schrieber as Sabretooth, he was the best thing about X-MO: Wolverine

• QuietLife

Oct 12th 2011, 9:49

@FBALee - I didn't even recognise that it was Rebecca Romijn there! Cheers buddy. That was so subtle.

• FBALee

Oct 13th 2011, 4:32

@QuietLife- My boyfriend squealed like a little girl when she popped up. Haha. Actually, so did I. Love her. I was so p********f in X-Men: The Last Stand when she got nailed with the serum.. she rocked it as Mystique. Actually have a friend who did the whole body paint thing last year for Halloween and went as Mystique. Brave, her.

• QuietLife

Oct 13th 2011, 8:40

@FBALee - Can you introduce me to your friend please? Hehe ;)

• FBALee

Oct 13th 2011, 16:25

@QuietLife- I surely would... except I have a feeling we live on opposite sides of the big ol pond.:)

• QuietLife

Oct 13th 2011, 23:44

Ah cr@p... Stupid Atlantic...