Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol trailer leaks online

Parlez-vous français?

mission impossible

Good news... The first trailer for Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol has been leaked online! Bad news... It’s entirely in French.

It has been a while since our French GCSE exam went horribly wrong, so we’re pretty much entirely in the dark regarding the film’s plot.

But ignore the funny dubbing (Tom Wilkinson sounds the best) - this is still two minutes and 20 seconds of very impressive-looking stuff.

The live-action debut of Pixar director Brad Bird (The Incredibles), this fourth Mission: Impossible looks every bit as thrilling as the third.

With glossy visuals, loads of bangs, and Tom Cruise more ‘on form’ than he's been in years, Ghost Protocol just jumped quite a few places up our ‘must see’ list.

Check out the trailer below…

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol opens 26 December 2011.

Like it? Hate it? Love it? Confused? What do you think of the trailer? Drop us your reactions below...

Comments

• Peachy556

Jun 27th 2011, 11:04

Protcole Fantome !

• dgoodswen

Jun 27th 2011, 12:22

Sound editing is awesome. I liked the bit when Ben Chapman took that small boy's gun off him.

• joker16

Jun 27th 2011, 13:22

Looks really sucky. None of the Mission: Impossible movies were very good, the second one was god awful.

• writerdave87

Jun 27th 2011, 20:25

Dali, I'm a bit curious (not flaming you here mind), how is MI2 anything like Metal gear Solid? I actually agree that MI2 didn't feel like a 'Mission Impossible' film, but I thought that was more down to its Hong Kong action cinema feel... really didn't get an MGS (Guns, strong anti-nuke message and supernatural enemies) feel from it. I did like MI:3 though, mainly down to the botched rescue opener (excellent), and Phillip Seymour Hoffman's bad guy. I think it would have been much better had Joe Carnahan directed all the way through tbh.

Jun 27th 2011, 21:45

Aww I am too late.

• writerdave87

Jun 27th 2011, 22:52

It\s on youtube Ali ;)

• writerdave87

Jun 28th 2011, 18:13

It was sneaky but it wasn't really MGS. The score is because Hans Zimmer recycles his own tunes all the time :p CQC and the face mask bit were in MGS 3 weren't they? Fair one... ok Dalidab, who would you call to play Solid Snake in a live action MGS game? I'd go for Russell Crowe, Kevin McKidd (if he can gravel up), or Keanu Reeves. Sadly Kurt Russell's too old...

• writerdave87

Jun 28th 2011, 18:15

And I'm actually serious about Keanu Reeves.

Jun 28th 2011, 21:19

What's this youtube you speak of, I've never heard of it.

• writerdave87

Jun 29th 2011, 21:30

I think David Hayter's too fresh of face to play Snake (much as having the right voice would stack the odds in his favour). Bale is a good choice actually, didn't think of him. Jackman I think would be too 'camp', plus beardy he'd look too close to wolverine. I don't think he's gritty enough. Tom Jane I like, but he's a bit chunky for Snake wouldn't you say? I think Crowe could be a decent choice (he was briefly attached to a film project that Hayter was penning IIRC shortly after the first MGS game) but that might just be because I'm a big Crowe fan. Kurt Russel would be perfect casting because, as you say, Solid Snake IS Snake Pliskin!!! Sadly he's too old though (but maybe some Tron style youthifying...?)... I know Reeves is a weird choice, but I think he can do gritty quite well (Street Kings), he's got the athleticism, and if he bulked up a bit, got long hair and stubble he could look the role pretty well. Not sure, it's a difficult choice. It would depend on the style of the overall film I think. In terms of other characters... Meryl I'd cast Kate O Meara, Vulcan Raven, the Rock (gotta be!), Liquid Snake, Michael Fassbender (though he's got to look a fair bit like Snake I suppose)... I'm stumped for Revolver Ocelot though. Maybe Bruce Willis with a hair piece and a tache? :p