Moody first image from Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice lands online

Superman needs no umbrella

A rain-lashed still from Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justicehas landed online featuring a decidedly soggy Supes.

It's the first official still from the movie, though a behind-the-scenes shot of Henry Cavill in Clark Kent mode was unveiled earlier this week.

Check out the full image below...

With its dark skies, heavy downpour and that furrowed brow, it certainly looks like Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel follow-up will be sticking to the 'sequels must be darker' rule.

Is Superman's suit rainproof? We certainly hope so.

The image was released via USA Today, who also chatted with Snyder about the superhero smash-up, which is currently shooting.

"We've both created this guy and we can push him around a little bit," he tells them of working with Cavill. "The more time I spend with Henry, the more he's Superman to me."

On the film's scale, he adds: "You can talk all you want about other superhero movies, but it's Batman and Superman, let's just be honest. I don't know how you get bigger than that."

Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice opens on 6 May 2016.

What do you think of the image? Tell us below...

Comments

• endofdays2

Jul 3rd 2014, 10:19

Looks like he is in Gotham. Too many buildings still standing for it to be Metropolis.

• jem0013

Jul 3rd 2014, 11:10

I really hope that this is the visual style for the film. I know a lot of people will bemoan that it leans towards Snyders 300 aesthetic but I love it. The film has to feel different to Marvels approach and this is the comic book style that I think will work. 300 worked and Sin City works so lets run with this one too.

• Chufferstud

Jul 3rd 2014, 11:25

No no no no no and no! Those rain drops are all wrong. These simple things prove that this film will be a disaster. Hello people, can you not see the poor cut of the cape. Awful, just awful. There is no way this film will make any money.

• endofdays2

Jul 3rd 2014, 11:45

@Chufferstud - the film will make a ton of money regardless of what you or I think. With Batman and Superman, it is probably the only franchise DC have got that is a guaranteed money spinner. Doesn't mean it will be great, but will still make an absolute stash.

• jordantough

Jul 3rd 2014, 11:51

@endofdays2 sar·casm (särkzm) n. 1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound. 2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule. 3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

• Gypsyboy316

Jul 3rd 2014, 13:25

@Chufferstud yous say this will make no money but the chances are that you will pay to see this?? I am really excited to see this!!!

Jul 3rd 2014, 16:38

Superman looks constipated.

• CaptainCrazy

Jul 3rd 2014, 17:21

I love it. It wants to set itself apart from other superhero flicks and try something different, from casting to visuals. I said it before but not all of these films need to be live action looney tunes fare.

• SiMan

Jul 3rd 2014, 17:27

I agree with endofdays - I think that's Gotham in the background. There looks to be a more 'industrial' feel to the skyline, plus, he's on a rooftop, rather than just floating above. Suggests a meeting with the Bat. MoS is a funny - I didn't rate it at all when I first saw it; too dark and sombre for my liking, but I keep being drawn back to it and I've watched it a few times again and...well, it's growing on me. Still think it could have been way better (they should have adapted the Superman: Birthright graphic novel), but since learning more details on the sequel(s?) it looks like it could end up being a decent introduction to this version of supes. Starting to be a little more optimistic about this.

• SiMan

Jul 3rd 2014, 17:30

oh, and one other things - is Affleck's Batman a continuation of the Nolan universe? I've read conflicting info on this so am not sure. If its not, then I think Nolan really has done a dis-service to Warner Brothers with the ending he gave Rises. Yes, TDK earned about $1bn for them, so he was entitled to do as he wanted for the 3rd film, but surely the execs could have told him their overall plan for a shared cinematic movie universe and made him factor that in to his last entry?

Jul 3rd 2014, 23:48

Si - Do you really think Warner Bros had a plan for their DC universe back when Nolan was making TDKR? lol The Avengers hadn't even been released back then.

• madcat99

Jul 4th 2014, 7:49

its deffinetly gotham cuz of that water barrel in the background ,just like in arkham games.

• SiMan

Jul 4th 2014, 18:38

Ali - but we've known about the shared Marvel universe since way back with the first Iron Man, plus, it must have taken a lot of development time over at Marvel to get the Avengers up and running. I'm sure the WB execs would have known what was in the pipeline. Found it strange that MoS didn't try and set the seeds a little more. Obviously there was the Wayne Enterprises logos - but could they have done more? Could they have had Jor'El mention asking Oa (as in the planet of the Green Lantern Corps) for help, even if you could then have the council dismiss it. In fact, thinking about it; don't they kind of make out that Kryptionians had explored space, but it kind of also seems like they weren't aware of any other races out there - but Jor'El is ok with Earth being a populated planet??