More Amazing Spider-Man pics arrive

Spidey nets a wrongdoer...

Some more pictures have emerged online from the recent Amazing Spider-Man shoot that took place in New York, and this time we get a first look at some of the friendly neighbourhood webslinger’s handiwork.

One of the images appears to show a hapless hoodlum strung up by his boxers outside the local police department, presumably a little gift from Spider-Man to New York City’s finest...

Elsewhere, there’s a look at co-stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone looking rather cosy, although since Stone is sporting red hair rather than Gwen Stacy’s signature blonde, we’d assume she wasn’t on set to shoot any scenes.

Filling the gap left by the recently wrapped The Dark Knight Rises, expect further set-leaks to emerge over the coming weeks as The Amazing Spider-Man continues to shoot ahead of its release on 4 July 2012.

Will Garfield make a good Spidey? Is there any need for a reboot at all? Tell us, below.

Comments

• apo1978

Nov 22nd 2011, 13:44

Am I the only one who just can't get excited by this? Do I need to shell out a tenner for a film I've already seen back in 2002?

• dholleyuk

Nov 22nd 2011, 14:17

@Apo1798 no your not the only one, I want to look at these pictures and feel the same excitement as I do when I see TDKR or Superman MOS, but theres nothing happening.

• Indianabones

Nov 22nd 2011, 14:27

Not be excited about spiderman being done correctly? One of spidermans biggest stories! I enjoyed raimi's version, but ignoring gwen stacy in the first film was a crime to me. This needed to be done, and I'm aware that she will be in sequels, but they will do the deed eventually. I can't wait and unfortunately I'm in the minority. Maybe dalidab will agree with me ;)

• ChrisWootton

Nov 22nd 2011, 15:24

Yeah, I can't really get into it either. I'll probably wait for the doovde

• anant

Nov 22nd 2011, 16:14

err... i am actually excited about this for various reasons, the first and foremost being that it has emma stone, whom i absolutely love and i liked garfield in social network, plus i like spidey and am itching to see its other villains on the big screens and the raimi films were getting increasingly silly so i wont say i am missing them and i saw the trailer and think they are going the batman begins way, the approach seems serious and realistic, so all in i all i am looking forward to july 2012. very long comment this...feel like dalidab.

• FBOBuckner

Nov 22nd 2011, 16:38

As much as I love all things spidey, I still think that the 2002 film was one of the best films, let alone comic-book movies, ever created. It was perfect and I can still remember just having it on repeat when i was just 9 years old. Now, at 19, I'm sad to see a part of my childhood being re-started. Especially because everything about Raimi's Spidey was perfect. The cast, the action and the score, which is one of the most memorable ever. Although, I think that this re-boot, is definitely in good hands and the cast for this one looks great. I'm just happy that they haven't stopped making Spidey movies altogether, hopefully this will keep a whole new generation interested in the Web-Head.

• demmike

Nov 22nd 2011, 16:47

does this film even matter, when there's The Bat coming out soon after?