More Amazing Spider-Man set photos show off stunts

Plus Andrew Garfield rocks some specs

amazing spider-man

After a lull in, uh, web reportage on the still-shooting Amazing Spider-Man, a fresh batch of on-set snaps have been released online.

These new glimpses of the film production have given us a few of exciting tidbits to chew over – but first and foremost, we have our first picture of Andrew Garfield donning nerdy glasses!

Except they’re not really all that nerdy and actually really cool. Geek chic pretty much sums it up. We’re off into town this afternoon to pick up a pair ourselves.

Meanwhile, photos of a building bearing the Oscorp logo confirms that Norman Osborn (and therefore the Green Goblin) will have some presence in this new series of Spidey films – even if he’s not a big presence in this first reboot.

Finally, some shots were taken of a dress rehearsal for what we’re assuming is one of the film’s key action sequences. And it’s looking pretty impressive already, even minus the Spidey suit.

Check out the new images below...

The Amazing Spider-Man opens 3 July, 2012.

Amazing? Or awful? What do you make of Garfield's specs? And Oscorp's presence in the reboot? Talk to us below...

Comments

• Ceciliaonfire

May 2nd 2011, 8:45

We already knew that Andrew is an intellectual action hero, the specs just drive it home..But I feel sorry for him if this means he will spend the next couple of movies suspended in steel wires in front of green screens - he is meant for better things.

• DanielMcA

May 2nd 2011, 13:21

Is it just me or does he appear to have a 4 stone head?

May 2nd 2011, 13:57

Whats the point? Raimi pretty much nailed the series ( even 3 had its moments)..re-telling the same story again is just a waste of time and Garfield still looks more geography teacher than awkward student

May 2nd 2011, 18:07

The point Hadouken is Sony wants more money to fill their already fat bank accounts. I am interested in how this turns out, the reboot has a great cast and a promising director.

• Indianabones

May 2nd 2011, 19:50

Raimi, did well, but I would not go as far as to say he nailed the series, If he had Gwen stacy in the first one and killed her off, it might have been pretty perfect, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Also Mary Jane was very miscast, and I am a fan of Kirsten Dunst too, just a poor choice as MJ. I try to forget the 3rd one existed, but I don't blame Raimi for that, think that was Sony sticking their nose in. and Hi, as i am new :)

• SiMan

May 3rd 2011, 0:12

Does this mean there's going to be a load of live action web swinging as opposed to Raimi's CGI? That should look interesting. Still not sure about Garfield though. he seems too cool to be a nerdy Peter Parker. Also, I hope they're not going to follow the "Ultimate" comics, especially with how they portray osborn. In those comics he turns his body genetically into the goblin, hulk style. Maybe more contemporary a story with regards to genetic manipulation, but still not as cool as a schizo nutter putting on a Halloween costume and going mental.

• bringoutthegimp

May 4th 2011, 15:38

Garfield for me is 2 cool for school, the best thing from the Social Network and an acting masterclass in Never Let Me go, and did anyone see Red Riding? I dont buy him as PP or Spiderman, but at the same time its interesting to see. For me Spiderman working or not with fall on the schoulders of the plot and the bad guy(s) - one thing that sucked a*s for me through all 3 films was the enemy! Williem Dafoe as the Goblin, it was almost a panto performance!