More new Prometheus images arrive

Take a look at the ship's interior

Prometheushas released yet another batch of new images, with the focus this time falling on the interior of the pioneering spacecraft.

The new images give us a good look at where the crew will be spending a lot of their time on board the Prometheus, including the dining room, the stasis chambers and a set of upright pods of some description.

There's also a look at Noomi Rapace's Elizabeth Shaw being woken from her stasis chamber towards the beginning of the film. The galaxy the ship is headed for is so far away from Earth, that she and her fellow explorers have slept for two and a half years before getting there.

Finally, we get another image of the ship's exterior, as it completes its landing sequence on the alien planet. It's a scene that should look spectacular on the big screen, especially with the 3D thrown in there to boot.

Prometheus opens in the UK on 1 June 2012. You can check out the rest of the new images, below...

Is Prometheus giving too much away with all this material? Tell us your thoughts, below.

Comments

• Mings

Apr 13th 2012, 11:09

A pointless comment I know, but dining area very reminiscent of the the same area on Nostromo. I wish I had something more interesting to say, but I don't. At least if I was King of Cinema I could fill a paragraph with dining rooms in movies that I like and dinning rooms in movies that I don't like,. .

• ChrisWootton

Apr 13th 2012, 11:33

That's your opinion Mings and i respect that but don't be a ******* **** ***** **** **** ustard ******Felch***** it's clearly copying flight of the navigator's kitchen and I should know because some of my best friends are bi-curious, emo kitchen salesmen. Seriously though, I was going to say the same thing..

• palladiosoldier

Apr 13th 2012, 13:14

hahahahaha you will always find the King of Cinema in a kitchen at parties

• SiMan

Apr 13th 2012, 14:27

I was initially really excited abuot this film.....but the more images they're releasing the less excited i'm becoming. Not that what i'm seeing isn't looking amazing, but i think i've seen too much of it now. Same with the Avengers promotional stuff. Does anyone else think studios are releasing too much leading up to new movies nowadays?

• ChrisWootton

Apr 13th 2012, 14:30

Totally agree with you SiMan on the Avengers.. I'm sort of in the camp of I might even wait doovde. I'm glad the dark knight stuff has calmed down a bit but at least with Prometheus they're not showing too much and it is out in 6 weeks?.. it's this new trend of the trailer of the trailer that is getting on my nerves

• Chufferstud

Apr 13th 2012, 14:51

I'm ashamed to say that I am one of the freaks that loves to know what's going to happen before I watch it. I really don't lose any of the enjoyment. It's kind of like Columbo where you know who the killer is, it's his journey working it out that's interesting. I'll go to the naughty step now...

• Chufferstud

Apr 14th 2012, 7:19

...actually I've thought about it some more! The purpose of sites like Total Film, Empireonline, /Film, etc is to inform movie loving people about upcoming films. There is a high possibility that somewhere on this site will be a spoiler. So every time you type in the URL to come here, you have chosen to open yourself up to spoilers. If you really really really don't want to know anything, then don't visit the site. I'm not being arsey by the way, I genuinely think you can't blame the people giving you the information, it's the people willingly reading/watching it at fault. It's human nature at its most basic, if you're told not to open a box, chances are you will :) I just read the full plot of The Cabin in the Woods and it actually made me want to see it more! And the biggest proof that spoilers aren't all that bad must be Harry Potter, as millions will have read the book and then seen the film knowing what happens. I'll get off the soapbox now and join @KingofCinema on the losers table :)

• QuietLife

Apr 14th 2012, 11:09

You'll always find the king of dalidab near the fridge at a party...

• LongDown

Apr 15th 2012, 0:47

@Chufferstud Fair point. That said, I for one am hoping that he's deliberately letting us think he's given us all the spoilers, whilst keeping a big chunk of the film under wraps. Here's to optimism! Hi peeps, this is my first post, but I've been lurking around here since getting a whiff of Prometheus. Any ideas on the rumours that Mr Scott will tie things in with the Blade Runner universe? The two don't seem mutually exclusive... other than the behaviour of replicants/artificial people. And it's never really explored who Weylan-Yutani's potential military customers are, or for what war, cold or otherwise. I'm not after Aliens Vs Replicants, but Roy Batty's 'Tears in rain' speech would be one place from which to start fleshing out this universe.

• LongDown

Apr 15th 2012, 0:50

Hmm... all html formatting removed, including line breaks... so this is why all Film commentards appear to express themselves in single bursts. Scunthorpe.