New Avengers images and posters arrive online

Thor, Cap and Iron Man go to war

Marvel has released a pair of new images from The Avengers, featuring their three headline stars, Iron Man, Thor and Captain America in all their glory.

The first shows Thor and Iron Man getting their hands dirty amid the flaming wreckage of a war-torn street. The second, meanwhile, has Iron Man flying at full pelt towards the camera.

The new stills are accompanied by a range of new character posters featuring the various Avengers, as well as S.H.I.E.L.D. bigwig Nick Fury and the villainous Loki.

These are the same images that were used for the group banners, only now they’ve been neatly divided into individual one-sheets.

The Avengers will assemble in UK cinemas on 27 April 2012. In the meantime, get yourself in a world-saving mood by browsing the new posters below…

Excited for The Avengers, or still thinking about The Dark Knight Rises? Tell us, below.

Comments

• stemcd

Dec 21st 2011, 9:35

Where the shot of Thor and Ironman getting their hands dirty???

• Heisenberg

Dec 21st 2011, 10:16

RDJ's head still looks really badly superimposed over the iron man body. And Scarlett's right boob looks very touched up(for lack of a better term lol)

• gwales

Dec 21st 2011, 10:45

@stemcd - Brain-fail on my part. I meant Thor and Cap!

• Nashnash

Dec 21st 2011, 10:45

I think they meant to say "Thor and Captain America". And yeah, these things are still looking very Photoshoppy. You'd think, even if they looked c**p in the banner that they'd have spent a bit of time before releasing these ones just sorting it out a bit. It always seems weird to me that things like this that are promoting a huge film can be done so badly and still released.

• Siban1982

Dec 21st 2011, 12:18

This looks like a TV movie. It also looks incredibly camp.

• Crazyrobb

Dec 21st 2011, 12:19

I agree with what Heisenberg said, but I am still thinking of the DKR!!

• ChrisWootton

Dec 21st 2011, 13:53

They're ok.. I've seen worst (x-men first class!).. Really looking forward to this could be just what the summer needs.. fun colourful action packed... what more can you ask for? Right, I'm off.. hope everyone on the boards and at TF have a great Christmas

• anant

Dec 21st 2011, 17:25

i dont give a fu ck about this movie, i really dont, iron man 2 left a sour taste in my mouth

• StevePotter

Dec 21st 2011, 22:56

I'm tired of the banner images. Would it kill them to give us a real poster?!

• Dalekbuster523

Dec 23rd 2011, 20:34

Stop complaining,people.There's nothing wrong with these banner pics.Does it really matter anyway?Surely it's the quality of the movie that counts and not how bad the posters look?Then again,who's to say the movie won't be bad?It'll probably be good,but still.

• StevePotter

Dec 23rd 2011, 21:43

Too true. But I'm tired of them recycling the same images and calling them "new."