New Catwoman featurette from The Dark Knight Rises: watch now

“She just attacked it…”

The Dark Knight Rises has released another featurette from the DVD’s additional material, this time focusing upon Anne Hathaway’s remarkable performance as Catwoman.

By all accounts, Hathaway trained remarkably hard to get Selina Kyle’s fighting style down to a fine art, always keeping in mind that her movements should retain a hint of femininity amid all the limb-snapping.

Chris Nolan himself reveals that he spoke with the stuntmen involved as to how to make the fight scenes appear more realistic, although his task was simplified no end by the sheer number of hours Hathaway ploughed into her combat training.

Take a look at the featurette, below…

For our money, Hathaway’s performance was one of the film’s greatest triumphs. In the same way as The Dark Knight was illuminated by the Joker’s every appearance, so does The Dark Knight Rises click up a gear whenever Selina Kyle is on screen.

Get ready to gorge yourself on a host of additional extras when The Dark Knight Rises is released on DVD and Blu-ray on 3 December 2012.

What did you think of Hathaway's performance? Tell us, below!

Comments

• CaptainCrazy

Nov 26th 2012, 12:31

That photo in this article should be illegal or at least come with a warning. I can't get up from my desk now.

• Sarah6

Nov 26th 2012, 12:41

While CaptainCrazy gets his thrills I have to disagree with TF here. I felt Ann Hathaway gave the weakest performance. Natalie Portman would have smashed it.

• SteveMcc

Nov 26th 2012, 13:19

I have got to disagree with @Sarah6 In my opinion Hathaway was absolutely fantastic, the best Catwoman ive seen and she brought the 'serious' image (as serious as you can hope for with a High Kicking, Skin tight fitting crime fighter!) Catwoman desperately needed after the Halle Berry incident! I though JGL gave the weakest performance, but I guess that is the brilliance of opinion. Cannot wait to see all the bonus features on the DVD's!!

• apo1978

Nov 26th 2012, 13:39

I do that stretch at my kung fu class....

• smellyhands

Nov 26th 2012, 13:44

SEX

• alexr

Nov 26th 2012, 14:55

@CaptainCrazy I completely agree. Seriously, the things I would do...

• NickyC

Nov 26th 2012, 15:57

Mmm ... Hello Kitty.

Nov 26th 2012, 16:30

Schwing Hi-Oh hubbba hubba.

• Igrayne

Nov 26th 2012, 18:30

I thought Hathaway was poor in the film or at least weaker than everyone else. Her character was completely unecessary and just added in to make fan boys get off. I did not sympathise with her at all and felt she deserved to be killed or arrested by the end of the film, then she basically got away with it due to her innocent girl routine charm, bollocks. Hathaway is neither particuarly talented or good looking, is a toothpick with a hair problem attractive?

• CaptainCrazy

Nov 27th 2012, 8:34

@ Igrayne - I think you would've been a great Catwoman. ;)

• QuietLife

Nov 27th 2012, 9:30

@CaptainCrazy sounds like a saucer of milk is on lgrayne's menu after the toothpick comment! The irony... :)

• SiMan

Nov 27th 2012, 14:07

I thought Hathaway was pretty good in the film, but I don't think she lit up the screen the way the Joker did. With Ledger's joker, there will always be a debate as to whether he was better than Nicholson, but i don't think Hathaway can hold a candle to Pfeiffer's Catwoman (although, as she technically didn't get called that, you can really only compare them as 'Selina Kyle', in which again Pfeiffer was better) - although in fairness i think every interpretation of the character's fits their respective director's versions better (i.e, i don't think Hathaway's portrayal would have fitted Burton's film and vice-versa with Pfeiffer)

Nov 27th 2012, 14:14

Jealous much Igrayne ?

• Indianabones

Nov 30th 2012, 22:35

Debate about Nicholsons joker and Ledgers???? my goodness there is no debate! Ledger whooped his a*s ( I still enjoyed Nicholsons version though)