New details emerge concerning S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show

Joss Whedon writing for the whole series

ABC Entertainment President Paul Lee has been talking about the status of the upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show, revealing that Joss Whedon has gone beyond writing for just the series pilot.

“He’s already working on the scripts for the series,” reveals Lee. “We shot it in Los Angeles to make sure that he is free to work across his feature life and his television life, but I love to see Joss who of course has made many great television shows in his day, enjoying television as much as movies. That’s flattering for us.

“The truth about Joss is he has some great relationships in it so there are a lot of really funny male/female relationships that go through it,” continues Lee. “But it’s also Joss too and there’s a lot of action.

“I talk about the emotion of the network, that it’s smart with heart. There is something which I talk less about, that’s very real about this network, is we have more co-viewed shows. Absolutely Marvel has the ability to bring the whole family around it.”

Sounds as though Whedon has tapped into that magic combo of action, humour and loveable characters once more. Now how long do we think it will be before he starts killing them off…

Are you excited for the S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off? Tell us, below!

Comments

• thedanieljson

Jan 11th 2013, 14:37

Exciting!! As much as I absolutely loved Avengers Assemble, Joss is best at work with TV shows. Should be incredible.

• ericwillard

Jan 11th 2013, 14:39

Wow..way to post an article that pretty much says nothing new. Really? I stopped cataloging my nose goblins for this? LMAO

• NickyC

Jan 11th 2013, 15:17

The S.H.I.E.L.D. series is going to be kick-a*s! ericwillard: Why are you even talking like that? You're just embarrassing yourself. I don't remember anyone signing you up to the TF Police.

• deborahjaden

Jan 11th 2013, 15:43

as Matthew explained I didnt even know thatanyone can earn $4521 in four weeks on the computer did you read this site link wow42.com

• FBJRider

Jan 11th 2013, 17:12

I'm sure this show is going to be great, the only thing that bothers me is that we're probably not going to get to see any heroes in it.

• craigisdead

Jan 11th 2013, 18:56

Weirdly this is the second show that Clark Gregg has starred in named Shield (kinda), he also played the cuddler rapist in season 3 of The Shield, and very creepy he was too.

Jan 11th 2013, 21:04

Jss does have a great track record with tv but I am still skeptical.

Jan 11th 2013, 23:30

craigisdead ...A ( Michael Chiklis) Thing Vs Hulk would be an awesome spectacle

• shenderson77

Jan 17th 2013, 6:01

If anyone can bring a new batch of superheroes to TV, it’s Joss Whedon, so I am really excited to read that he has already working on scripts. A coworker at DISH and I have been theorizing about this show for months now, so it will be really exciting to find out which characters will be involved. I am really glad that during the wait to see this show, I can cope by watching my favorite superheroes using Blockbuster @Home from DISH. I love that it’s so easy to just put a movie on my cue, and then a couple days later, get it delivered in the mail. It also really helps that when I am on the go, I can stream thousands of movies and shows right to my tablet. Seeing what Joss did with the Avengers, I am beyond confident that he will do something great, and that no one thought was possible with S.H.I.E.L.D.