New images and plot details from Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Including our first look at Ultron!

A bumper crop of images and information has arrived online from Avengers: Age Of Ultron, courtesy of the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Most exciting is the cover image, which gives us our first look at evil robot, Ultron, who bares a passing resemblance to the future-Sentinels recently spotted in X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

The new issue also goes some way towards explaining the villain’s motivations, with Ultron having been created by Tony Stark as a self-aware robot, designed to relieve him of his Iron Man duties. However, it turns out Ultron has some radical views of his own…

“Ultron sees the big picture,” explains Joss Whedon, “and he goes, ‘Okay, we need radical change, which will be violent and appalling, in order to make everything better’; he’s not just going ‘Muhaha, soon I’ll rule!’ He’s on a mission. He wants to save us.”

Meanwhile there are also new images of Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch as well as all your returning favourites. Avengers: Age Of Ultron will open in the UK on 24 April 2015.

What do you think of the new images? Tell us, below!

Comments

• Andy85

Jul 17th 2014, 7:43

Fairplay Taylor Johnson has henched up a bit. Kickass is looking badass.

Jul 17th 2014, 11:07

Pretty cool seeing Rhodey at the Avengers HQ.

• endofdays2

Jul 17th 2014, 11:29

Can't wait!!

• vincevega

Jul 17th 2014, 13:24

schwing

• SiMan

Jul 17th 2014, 13:25

Looks like 'red-eye' Ultron is the main body and the 'blue-eyes' are going to be a load of CGI canon-fodder that the Avengers will get to smash through at the end of the film. Looking forward to this.

• trist808

Jul 17th 2014, 15:06

I'm starting to feel that twinge of excitement again, the same that I felt back in 2011 ... next April seems soooooo far away, I know this will not disappoint. Really happy with Ultron's design and I love Cap's re-designed toggs too, very nice, we can but hope that a teaser trailer will appear shortly ... with GOTG? or would that be too soon? :-)

• endofdays2

Jul 17th 2014, 17:29

Hoping for a teaser trailer at Comic Con...

• kerrymaranto

Jul 18th 2014, 3:56

Google pay 97$ per hour my last pay check was $8500 working 1o hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12k for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is wha I do Check Freely................................................ www.moneykin.CℴM