New images released for The Amazing Spider-Man

Spidey goes back to school

Just as you'll finally be recovering from your respective food comas, Sony has given you the chance to re-gorge yourselves on a new batch of images from The Amazing Spider-Man. And they’re a mite juicer than your average turkey sandwich…

The new pictures give us a closer look at Spidey’s new schoolyard setting, with Andrew Garfield getting involved in a spot of basketball whilst Emma Stone parks herself at a desk.

Elsewhere, there’s a look at Dennis Leary as Stone’s father, police chief George Stacey, as well as a close-up shot of Garfield’s mechanised web-dispensers. Quite nifty bits of kit, from the looks of them…

The latter image marks a departure from Sam Raimi’s adaptation, which portrayed Spidey’s web-slinging abilities as an organic development. Marc Webb has instead reverted to the mechanical system depicted by the original comics, which should score him some points with the more fastidious of Marvel fanboys.

The Amazing Spider-Man
will be released in the UK on 4 July 2012. Just before another suited hero swoops into our screens, then. Shops can expect a big run on spandex come summertime…

What do you make of the new images? Pushing excitement levels into Dark Knight Rises territory? Tell us, below.

Comments

• StevePotter

Dec 28th 2011, 8:19

Everything was suitably bland (and I actually thought the image with the basketball player was kind of cool) right up to the end... Is he doing a crotch grab coupled with an Edward Cullen smoldering gaze? No... Just... just no.

• Tomevo95

Dec 28th 2011, 11:21

To be honest, I'm more excited about seeing this than I am to see The Dark Knight Rises

Dec 28th 2011, 13:33

At least Bale can pass for a billionaire. Andrew Garfield looks like a geography teacher who is having an affair with one of this students. That last picture reminds me of megamind...weird shaped head.

• demmike

Dec 28th 2011, 13:45

To be honest, I'm more excited about seeing The Dark Knight Rises than I am to see this

• demmike

Dec 28th 2011, 13:48

cinemas should also issue a box of kleenex with every ticket. The second picture down is proof of this.

• demmike

Dec 28th 2011, 13:49

excluding the web shooters picture of course

• writerdave87

Dec 28th 2011, 14:21

For a police chief you think they'd give Captain Stacey body armour that actually fit properly.

• anant

Dec 28th 2011, 16:02

i was very excited about seeing this but the pictures arent looking very promising. for the first time i think that maybe garfield is looking a little older for the role and have to agree with Hadouken76 his head is looking weird, reminded me of megamind as well and also with writerdave87 the armor is about two sizes too big! stupid people!

• writerdave87

Dec 29th 2011, 15:43

We do? Sucker Punch was a*s. Have to say I think they should fire their PR guy for the Amazing Spiderman. The more I see of it the worse it looks.

• alexr

Dec 30th 2011, 13:23

I bet Chris Nolan has more input into the new Superman movie than Snyder does. Snyder may be directing it, but I'll bet Nolan calls the shots and has final picture approval...

• writerdave87

Dec 30th 2011, 16:36

Nolan giving Snyder filmmaking lessons must be like Marlon Brando instructing Frankie Muniz.

• StevePotter

Dec 30th 2011, 18:01

I loved "Watchmen", I enjoyed his "Dawn of the Dead" (still need to see the original, though; PLEASE don't crucify me) and I tolerated "Sucker Punch." "300" was terrible, though, and "Sucker Punch" is definitely a guilty pleasure for me. But luckily Snyder's not on writing duty for "Man of Steel", and I honestly don't care about Superman enough to be p********f is this movie sucks.