New poster for Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Ready to serve

Captain America: The Winter Soldier has released a new poster online, featuring Steve Rogers looking down on modern-day Washington from way up in the air.

The new image does a good job of situating Cap in the present day, as our hero struggles to come to terms with his new life as a man out of time.

S.H.I.E.L.D.'s ongoing presence in the new film is also flagged up by the presence of the Helicarrier, evidence of just how serious a threat is posed by the Winter Soldier.

He'll be played by Sebastian Stan, the reanimated Bucky Barnes, newly transformed into a kind of cyborg assassin by shadowy Russian forces. Poor Bucky.

Directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier will open in the UK March 2014. Take a look at the new poster in full, below...

What do you think of the new poster? Tell us, below!

Comments

Oct 22nd 2013, 22:25

It's kinda meh. Love the 4.4.14 date though.

• spid2411

Oct 23rd 2013, 8:41

The first one was dross so doubt this will be any better, pretty poster or not.

• chibik

Oct 23rd 2013, 10:46

Hi, my name is spid, and I have this compulsive urge to post on every article related to a movie franchise that I dislike. There's always the off-chance that people who frequent this site aren't yet aware of my position (really, there isn't) so I have to keep knocking these films regardless. Furthermore, there may be newcomers who haven't yet been exposed to my negativity, and that is a state of the universe that simply cannot be tolerated!

Oct 23rd 2013, 12:33

The footage shown at comic con was meant to be really cool.

• trist808

Oct 23rd 2013, 13:03

Apparently the stand out part of footage at ComicCon was Cap taking down a whole team of Special Forces/Security guys in a lift (there's a top-down picture posted on TF elsewhere today) which wowed the crowd. I'm excited for this film, I really enjoyed the first CA film and this is shaping up very nicely IMO :)

• SiMan

Oct 23rd 2013, 13:25

why do we always have to wait an absolute age to get to see any comic con footage? Can't they release it a little after the event - even if its about a month later. I've heard good things about a lot of the footage from various shows/films

• spid2411

Oct 23rd 2013, 14:29

Bit touchy there chibik about your Marvel films - need to relax I think. Merely an opinion that differs from yours (sorry about that)

• vincevega

Oct 24th 2013, 10:10

@chibik... HAHA! couldn't agree more with you!

Oct 24th 2013, 18:34

SiMan - I think it's because they want to make comic-con special for all the fans who camp overnight in line just for certain events. It's frustrating but yeah perhaps cutting the weight down to a month would be fair.

Oct 24th 2013, 18:35