New poster for Man Of Steel

Superman is in custody

Man Of Steel has debuted a new poster online, featuring Henry Cavill’s Superman sporting a pair of handcuffs and being accompanied by a military guard.

We’re not sure quite how the new image fits in to the general plot of the film, but it seems as though not everyone on planet Earth is happy to welcome the arrival of Krypton’s most famous son.

Why Superman doesn’t just break free is also a question worth asking. Could it be that he has been weakened in some way, or is he willingly surrendering as part of a bigger plan?

Given that plot details are next to non-existent, we’ll just have to wait and see at this stage, but it’s an intriguing poster in any event.

Directed by Zack Snyder and co-starring Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe and Amy Adams, Man Of Steel will open in the UK on 14 June 2013.

What do you think of the new poster? Tell us, below!

Comments

• SiMan

Dec 3rd 2012, 19:58

That is an interesting image to be using as a poster. Seems to suggest that his acceptance (or lack there of) is going to be a major theme of this film. I am starting to get more and more hopeful that Snyder can deliver with this and not just churn out an effects laden mess like Sucker Punch.

• kassjawaid

Dec 3rd 2012, 20:55

Let's hope that THE MAN OF STEEL is gonna be a better Superman film than Superman Returns.... I heard there was gonna be a superhero cameo from someone??? Is this TRUE...?

• buckiirogers

Dec 3rd 2012, 21:31

Well considering that they are taking a few different directions with the movie but I am getting the feeling that they are introducing the V.R.A. in this or something along that line, and as for the cameo I hear tell it is wonder women they are talking about, but then again it's all rumor... Then again it is shaping up too be something great, I guess we get too see it better in the supposed trailer that is ahead of the Hobbit if I remember right... plus the 9 minute teaser for Star Trek Into Darkness... 2013 if we make past this month will be wicked great for movies...

• FBJRider

Dec 3rd 2012, 23:34

He doesn't look weakened, I mean there's a look of concern upon his face but not in the sense that he's hurt in any way. I'm guessing he's accepting his arrest maybe as you stated as part of a plan but perhaps he's accepting of it so as to not be seen resisting the authorities. That would be bad for his public image.

• spid2411

Dec 4th 2012, 10:41

This looks great - with Chris Nolan writing and producing you know it will have the right tone and wont be just some light eye candy movie like The Avengers. I really liked Watchmen and 300 so I think he chose the right guy to direct as his track record with comic book films is good, especially those that need a lot of CGI to work.

Dec 4th 2012, 16:26

kass - Rumor is someone from The Dark Knight Rises will make a cameo.

• kassjawaid

Dec 4th 2012, 17:13

oh ok thanks ali

• alexr

Dec 4th 2012, 17:21

My money is on someone sitting in silouhette atop a batpod watching Superman fly by...

• Rob10

Dec 4th 2012, 22:02

Superman Returns would have been awesome - with a bit more action and a lot less stalking and no stupid kid.