New Prometheus teaser arrives online

“I was wrong… it was so wrong”

A new trailer has been released to promote Ridley Scott’s sci-fi horror Prometheus, and it seems as though the director’s Comic-Con promise to “scare the shit” out of audiences wasn’t an empty one.

The new international teaser doesn’t contain reams of new footage, but it does give us a better look at our crew of interplanetary explorers, as well as plenty of skin-melting unpleasantness.

Check out the new teaser below…

Anyone hoping for more concrete plot details will surely be disappointed, but in terms of creating an atmosphere of palpable dread, we’d say the new trailer does the job rather nicely.

We still don’t know what it is the human crew uncover in the outer regions of the universe, but whatever it is seems likely to be none too thrilled at being found. We’ll be watching through our fingers when the film opens in the UK on 1 June 2012.

Scared yet? If not, why not? Share your thoughts, below.

Comments

• Jeffbiscuits

Feb 17th 2012, 9:03

the effects look pretty amazing but realistic. I'm hopeful that we're finally getting another great Alien movie. There, I said it- I think it's an Alien movie.

• Indianabones

Feb 17th 2012, 10:46

I have to say, out of all the amazing films that are coming out this year, this has me the most excited! Though what a year, Batman, Spiderman, Avengers and prometheus.... its going to be a good year

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Feb 17th 2012, 11:27

Prometheus really looks like its going to be film of the year. Now, where can I find a job working from home I wonder?

• trist808

Feb 17th 2012, 11:41

@Jeffbiscuits ... it is an Alien movie. A prequel in fact. Watch the trailer again, notice the Space Jockey head on the table in Med-Lab and the horse-shoe shaped space craft ... oh and THAT chair popping up out of the ground and swivelling into position ... and those funny egg-looking, erm eggs (lol) plus the style of the trailer just screams "Alien" ... seriously, it's so obvious now isn't it? I'd love to say more, but I can't until June ... all I will say, is this is gonna be epic :)

• ChrisWootton

Feb 17th 2012, 12:08

Erm... there is no new footage in that whatsoever. Anyway, think it's going to be amazing. That thing Fassbender is pulling up in the picture looks like it is attached to Charlize Theron at some point. Don't think it's supposed to be part of her space suit..

• EddieFelson

Feb 17th 2012, 12:15

Looks like the majority of my summer will be spent in a big dark room.... and the cinema

• writerdave87

Feb 17th 2012, 12:15

Beat me to it, there's actually less footage of the crew than there was in the first one...

• FBMBurgess

Feb 17th 2012, 13:11

Indiana Bones - did you forget about The Hobbit? Or are you just not a fan?

• alexr

Feb 17th 2012, 14:06

This is gonna be sooooooo good!

• FBACross

Feb 17th 2012, 14:45

new trailer? this trailer is quite old by internet standards....

• georgeWW

Feb 17th 2012, 16:55

ummm pretty sure there was no new footage in that it felt actually like there was less and they just slowed down the shots of everyones face :/ :/

Feb 17th 2012, 18:08

It's the exact same trailer that was released in December, still badass though.

• Indianabones

Feb 17th 2012, 18:30

@FBMBurgess Yep I completely forgot, I'm looking forward to the Hobbit too, there are prob many more but i'm getting very forgetful in my old age. @dalidab if you didn't like alien, you will most likely not like this one, I have no idea why you don't like the first one, but like Alien 4, its beyond me, but as you say its your opinion and you are entitled to it

• FBJRider

Feb 17th 2012, 20:17

Being Ridley Scott I'm 100% certain this film will not disappoint.

• FBMBurgess

Feb 17th 2012, 20:23

@FBJRider - YOU'RE Ridley Scott? In that case, I imagine you're somewhat bias.

Feb 17th 2012, 20:42

LOL I'm Tony Scott and that big nurrrr broke my action men... :D

• Walker

Feb 21st 2012, 13:23

TheKingOfCinema, come on mate realy?Alien Resurrections better than Alien? Prometheus looks a bit like pandorum? Everybodys got their own tastes in cinema but i think you should lay of the crack pipe fpr a wee while and go watch Alien again if you havent seen it for nearly 10 years : 0

• warneford87

Feb 23rd 2012, 9:05

TheKingOfCinema. You are a child. Go away.

• FBJWhittle

Feb 24th 2012, 13:20

@TheKingofCinema - Kudos for the ace debating skills there mate. I'm sure you managed to convince everyone here that Alien Resurrection has not aged worse than any of the other films, that Pandorum is not a rip off of the Alien franchise (but more likely the other way round), and that you have taste. *High five*

• SixStepSamurai

Feb 25th 2012, 1:54

Dalidab, are you schizophrenic? Seriously?

• writerdave87

Feb 25th 2012, 4:06

I'm convinced he has some kind of mental illness, but I'm also seriously surprised that he's lived as long as he has without someone curb stomping his hateful little skull. Seriously dalidab, you contribute nothing to this planet. Do us all a favour, go gas yourself. You're a disgusting, hypocritical, evil little c**t.

• Walker

Feb 27th 2012, 18:14

Errr,o.k was trying for a bit of light harted banter must have touched a raw nerve but stand by what i said about resurrection its Fxxkin awfull, it is the only time i have left a cinema full of rage seriously wanting to track down whatever Fox exec green lighted that steaming pile of donkey dung. AvP and Avp:R i can even forgiven for their total bollocksness( is that a word) because they had the misfortune of coming after the new born,Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff hang your heads in shame. Were to start,the wooden acting,the insufferable sound track ,the sh*t sfx,the ungalating eggs (when did they start doing that???) the finger pupet face huggers, the "comedy" or quite literally the elephant in the room the new born which one cant but help keep waiting for it to cry out mama mama everytime it goes to lick Ripleys face.All in all its safe to say as a fan of the Alien Films it wasnt my favourite : ) Prometheus looks ace though. A bit like Alien.

• Walker

Feb 27th 2012, 18:18

Oh forgot to put IMHO at the start of my rant lol

• mattymjp

Mar 1st 2012, 14:04

TheKingofCinema, I totally disagree with what you say about Alien not ageing well, I saw the director's cut on Blu-Ray the other week and it looks AMAZING. Sure the computers they use with millions of flashing lights and vector graphics look silly but the clarity of the picture was incredible, Ridley sure does know how to light his sets. I thought it had aged far better than Aliens. As for Prometheus not being an Alien film, it's set in the Alien universe but it can't be an Alien film if there's no Aliens in it. I was secretly hoping they had double-bluffed us on that and the alien would pop up at the end or something but I'm not sure that will happen, here's hoping.

• smellyhands

Mar 1st 2012, 18:05

I should do this more often. Come back to an article weeks later to see what social boundaries thekingofcinema/dalidab is stumbling all over. But I am going to stop messing with you because its unfair for so many obvious reasons. I kinda feel like Matt Dillons character in "Theres Something About Mary" when he plays football with the kids.