New red band Kick-Ass international trailer

“Being a superhero is bad for your health”

Think you couldn’t be more excited about Kick-Ass if you tried?

Think again. Because a new international red band trailer for the flick has just been released, and it kicks all kinds of ass.

Featuring a mix of old and new footage (and, yes, a potty-mouthed Chloe Moretz), we get our first good look at Nicholas Cage, ex-McLovin Christopher Mintz-Plasse and the villainous Mark Strong (will he be the bad guy in all films out at the moment?)

It makes us want to shave our hair, grab a pair of our mum's/daughter's/sister's stockings and turn ourselves into superheroes, too.

Here’s the official plot:

Kick-Ass tells the story of average teenager Dave Lizewski (Aaron Johnson), a comic-book fanboy who decides to take his obsession as inspiration to become a real-life superhero.

As any good superhero would, he chooses a new name — Kick-Ass — assembles a suit and mask to wear, and gets to work fighting crime. There’s only one problem standing in his way: Kick-Ass has absolutely no superpowers.

His life is forever changed as he inspires a subculture of copy cats, is hunted by assorted violent and unpleasant characters, and meets up with a pair of crazed vigilantes, including an 11-year-old sword-wielding dynamo, Hit Girl (Chloe Moretz) and her father, Big Daddy (Nicolas Cage).

And here’s the new trailer:

Kick-Asshits screens in April. You ready?

Total Film on Facebook

Comments

• govenorarnold

Feb 3rd 2010, 10:30

Why the need for the bad language? I loved the trailer and think the film looks great but really don't see the need for Moretz to swear so much. It just means several friends and family won't want to see it, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

• Joker

Feb 3rd 2010, 12:40

this is awesome. and will all the old men who don't like swearing please stand up and f**k off out the cinema. thank you.

• magnusbarfod

Feb 3rd 2010, 13:35

@govenorarnold... I agree. This pernicious trend has ruined my grandmothers enjoyment of Irreversible, The Godfather, Antichrist, The Big Lebowski, Die Hard, The Way Of The Gun and Reservoir Dogs, to name but a few. Why SHOULD these film makers make movies aimed at adults? All films should be profanity free, so that people like my Grandmother and your family and, no doubt numerous, friends can safely go and watch films about bloodthirsty, hyper-violent vigilantes, adapted from an adult orientated graphic novel, which sets out to satirise the superhero genre, without worrying about hearing curse words! The Daily Mail should start a campaign! (Oh, and FYI, it's spelled governor)

• govenorarnold

Feb 3rd 2010, 13:58

I didn't say I had a problem with all swearing, I just think its really odd coming from a little kid! You don't have to be old to find "c*nt" offensive. And please, if you're going to start a flame war on my spelling, I'll stop now.

• magnusbarfod

Feb 3rd 2010, 15:03

The swearing coming from a little kid is the entire point, though, and true to the source material. This is going to be a 18 rated film...so to complain about that is to complain about the whole movie. Which is pointless. It's literally like getting ticked off that Saving Private Ryan has scenes of combat, or that Superbad showed underage drinking. And hey, it's not my fault you can't spell governor. That's no "flamewar", just stating a fact...

• ChrisWootton

Feb 3rd 2010, 17:01

As long as the swearing adds to the humour and feel of the movie then i don't see anything wrong with it. However I do feel that her delivery of the C word seems a little bit awkward and it comes across as swearing for the sake of it. Looks good though. Oh and I think you've spelt 'barfood' wrong.

• magnusbarfod

Feb 3rd 2010, 18:22

"Oh and I think you've spelt 'barfood' wrong." ZING! HAHAHAHAHA! You got me buddy! And again, it's a direct bit of dialogue from the comic. The juxtaposition of a little girl using the foulest word imaginable is THE ENTIRE POINT. To say it seems gratuitous misses the intent of the writers. And anyway, I'm Irish. The word c**t is far less offensive to us. The more the word is used, the less power it will have to shock... So just crack on and call everyone cunts.

• ChrisWootton

Feb 4th 2010, 9:25

I don' tfind the 'C' word personally offensive as it's my middle name. I totally agree with you on why they are using it it's just I don't think it comes across as well on film. Only because Chloe Moretz's delivery lacks an understanding of the usage of 'c**t'. I might be completely wrong though and it will all be perfect in the movie. Either way, I'm in and it looks great. And hey, you got away without comedy stars blocking your swear words! You jammy ********ing ***** haha

• magnusbarfod

Feb 4th 2010, 14:42

Fair shout. Fingers crossed on this one then, it does look good so far. I like Moretz's line readings, for what it's worth, especially in the clips that came out a while ago of her training with Cage, getting shot in the chest and bargaining for an ice cream later...really liked how she put that scene across. And as for the comedy stars, I know! maybe pluralising gets through..silly TF f****rs.

• magnusbarfod

Feb 4th 2010, 14:43

not that time then...

• ChrisWootton

Feb 4th 2010, 14:54

Ha ha, Yeah I thought the delivery in the training scenes was spot on. Definitely looking forward to this one, Matthew Vaughn hasn't put a foot wrong yet.

• bowyer17

Feb 23rd 2010, 14:07

Seriously, anyone who has a problem with swearing in films just needs to grow up. Like it or not, it's part of life just like death, violence, drug abuse or difficult decisions, which are complained about a lot less in films, and are often considered brilliant, eg Precious. Not easy to watch. It can also be f*****g funny.