New set pics of Tom Hardy as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises

And the Tumbler is glimpsed too…

A few pap shots of Tom Hardy as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises have been unveiled online, and those of an anti-spoiler disposition may wish to avert their gaze now.

The images don't reveal too much, though anyone wanting to go in cold will definitely be keen to give them a miss.

The shots come from Just Jared (via Slashfilm), and they feature Tom Hardy's Bane standing atop a version of the Tumbler (AKA the Nolan-verse's Batmobile) with its original camouflage bodywork.

Perhaps Bruce Wayne has ordered a new batch from Lucius Fox following the events of The Dark Knight?

It's the first chance we've had to see Bane's clothing up close, as he sports a militaristic vest, cargo pants, and a rather dashing sheepskin trenchcoat.

For those hankering for really spoilery material, look very closely at the final image: the photo that Bane is tearing up is a familiar face in Gotham.

These pictures aren't the best quality and leave Bat-fans in an awkward bind. They don't exactly show off Bane in all his glory, as Nolan would surely want, but once this kind of thing is 'out there,' devotees can't help but want a peak. Just don't give us the temptation, dammit!

Here are those images:

The Dark Knight Rises will open on 20 July 2012.

Are you hungry for any Dark Knight Rises pictures you can get your hands on? Or are you saving yourself for official images only? Let us know...

Comments

• joker16

Jul 31st 2011, 16:26

The picture's of two-face. I really have to stop following all this TDKR stuff. It's beginning to spoil too much.

• Benmorse

Jul 31st 2011, 16:34

And a bind also, for film journalists, eager to not miss traffic to their site, but also not wanting to upset their readership. Seeing an un-lit, on set pic isn't too spoilery, but rampant speculation could be.

• mrblonde

Jul 31st 2011, 16:37

Not too sure what to make of these. I think Nolan, judging from these images, is going for a soldier of fortune type angle, with his interpretation of Bane. One thing these images do make me think though, is that Marion Cottilard's Miranda Tate character will definitely end up being Talia and will end up infiltrating Wayne Enterprise, so that Bane and the League can either duplicate or use existing Wayne Enterprise's gadgetry/Vehicles against Batman. The only way to pass any real judgement on Bane's new costume before the film comes out, is to actually see him in motion and in some form of context, when they finally release some footage of the film. Even, though I'm not entirely sure about the overall look of the costume at the moment, I still remain optimistic that Nolan will be able to pull it all together, come next Summer! Hopefully it won't be long now before we get a glimpse of The Catwoman design for the film.

• anthonycadams

Jul 31st 2011, 16:46

Am I mistaken or is that Harvey Dent in the picture Bane is ripping up in the last shot? And if so does that mean we might have a possible cameo from Two-Face?

• anthonycadams

Jul 31st 2011, 16:50

Am I mistaken or is that Harvey Dent in the picture Bane is ripping up in the last shot? And if so does that mean we'll have a cameo from Two-Face in the new film?

• danbullock

Jul 31st 2011, 17:39

Yeah, I agree with the Joker16 up there. The Dark Knight Rises seems to be pushing the boundaries of spoilers but almost literally posting every bit of news immediately. It's actually started to annoy me a little & I've deleted loads of Batman News stuff because I'd quite like to wait rather than see everything immediately and know actors, looks, guests and so forth :p

Jul 31st 2011, 23:36

All this early info is the studio hyping it up. Just sucks the movie is a year away, seeing the teaser before The Deathly Hallows got me all pumped up.

• garyu2

Aug 1st 2011, 9:25

Am I the only one who thinks Bane looks ridiculous?

• trist808

Aug 2nd 2011, 12:47

garyn2 ... yeah I agree, I'm not "feeling" Bane's look at the moment, I mean, honestly, a sheepskin lined coat? What's he gonna do after taking over Gotham, go down the East End and sort out some slaaaaaagggggggsss???? He looks like an evil pumped up Delboy ... "this time next year Trigg" ... lol

• alexr

Aug 5th 2011, 12:22

Maybe Bane is wearing the coat because he's cold... Maybe he's ripping up a picture of Harvey Dent (if it IS HD) because he's secretly Dent's long lost brother come to repay Bats for 'murdering' him... Maybe this will be Nolan's version of the Knightfall story... Maybe Henry Cavill will show up as Clark Kent in a cameo... Maybe the speculation machine is getting too ramped up...