New trailer for Jack Reacher: watch now

“Jack Reacher is a ghost”

The new trailer has arrived for forthcoming Tom Cruise actioner Jack Reacher, in which the titular badass shows off his arse-kicking capabilities.

Cruise plays Reacher, a former military man drafted into police service when a serial sniper starts picking off victims left right and centre. Something of a maverick, Reacher isn’t afraid to break a few rules along the way… or a few necks.

The new trailer contains a hell of a lot of action, as Cruise brawls his way through wave after wave of ne’er-do-wells. If you weren’t convinced by little Tom as a fully paid-up hard-man, this might go some way toward changing your mind.

Check it out, below…

Exciting stuff, with Reacher proving a far grittier proposition from the fast-talking smoothies Cruise usually plays. In this one he genuinely seems like a man who shouldn’t be trifled with.

Adapted from Lee Child’s One Shot from writer/director Chris McQuarrie, and co-starring Rosamund Pike, Robert Duvall and Richard Jenkins, Jack Reacher will open in the UK on 26 December 2012.

What do you think of the new trailer? Tell us, below!

Comments

• smellyhands

Oct 17th 2012, 17:46

Looks a lot like a Tom Cruise action film.

• FBALeal

Oct 17th 2012, 17:59

Why does he drive such a bad car? If I were to kick a*s I would drive something modern and non-american, just so I could put up a chase.

• FBALeal

Oct 17th 2012, 17:59

• SiMan

Oct 17th 2012, 18:17

Wasn't too fussed by the first teaser but that one has swayed me a bit. Looks alright and i always find Cruise's films watchable

Oct 18th 2012, 10:28

Still think David Morse would have been better, but thats my opinion.

• gremertiu

Oct 18th 2012, 13:42

Having read One-Shot, they seemed to have changed quite a bit of the story. I guess for a better screenplay. Reacher is known to be a one-man wrecking crew and that'sexactly what he looked like here. And FBALeal, the car and the jacket were all based from the book as well :) Overall, I'd like to see this film in its first week as I still respect Cruise for his talents as an actor and for being a big fan of Lee Child's series.