New trailer for Lockout

Guy Pearce channels Kurt Russell

A new trailer has been released for sci-fi thriller Lockout, and it’s more than a little bit reminiscent of Kurt Russell actioner Escape From New York.

In it, Guy Pearce plays Snow, a tough-as-nails badass recruited by the President to rescue his daughter (Maggie Grace) from a deep-space prison. Unfortunately for Snow, it won’t be as easy as all that, as the inmates have taken over the asylum.

Check out the new trailer below…

From the looks of the above, Lockout has got a healthy amount of B-movie silliness about it, and Pearce is a great fit for the reluctant hero.

We particularly like his reaction to the details of his mission: “Don’t get me wrong, it’s a dream vacation, I mean I go into space, I get inside the maximum security nuthouse, get past all the psychos, save the president’s daughter (if she’s not dead already)… I’m thrilled that you would think of me.”

That final visual gag is a gem as well! Lockout opens in the UK on 13 April 2012.

Gleefully silly enough for you? Share your reactions to the trailer, below.

Comments

• FBGRoberts

Jan 27th 2012, 12:00

This looks excellent. "HE'S THE BEST THERE IS... BUT HE'S A LOOSE CANNON" ... Genius. And check out the typical bloody Scot. Always on the bounce, they are...

• smellyhands

Jan 27th 2012, 12:40

@FBGRoberts... that "loose cannon" line was hillarious. Had me giggling like a school-boy. Got to admit it does look like a fun film. The film also seems self aware of what sort of film it is.

• writerdave87

Jan 27th 2012, 15:10

This looks quality, bonkers popcorn entertainment. No one seriously writes dialogue like that haha

• MadMatt

Jan 27th 2012, 17:06

I do enjoy a good John Carpenter rip-off, far more so than yet another soulless remake of one of his classics. Although it's possible that the man himself might prefer the latter, considering he gets sent a big cheque whenever the likes of McG, Ratner or Wiseman threatens to dump all over his legacy. Anyway, this looks like a lot of fun - reliably nutty action toss from the modern master of the form. (I would like to see the old Besson, the guy who gave us Subway, Nikita and Leon return one day, though...)

• MadMatt

Jan 27th 2012, 17:08

Oh, and did I spy the annoying northern gobs**te from Misfits playing a Scottish loon in this? I hope he gets killed in an inventively grisly fashion.

• MillerCrosses

Jan 27th 2012, 18:01

@FBGRoberts if I knew what "always on the bounce" meant I'd be offended.

Jan 27th 2012, 19:31

looks suitably cheddary. Although should have been a Willis / Mctiernan movie though, die hard in a space!

• DanRose

Jan 31st 2012, 15:21

Madmatt... Yeah that's Joe Gilgun... I've always thought he was a pretty solid actor since his turn as a sympathitic skin-head in This Is England.... Oh yeah, the film...looks awesome!