New trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man: watch now

Contains more footage of the Lizard

The Amazing Spider-Man has released a new international trailer, containing a good amount of previously unseen footage, including a few more glimpses of Rhys Ifans’ villain, the Lizard.

The new trailer supports director Marc Webb’s assertion that the story will home in on the loss of Peter Parker’s parents, with Andrew Garfield brooding over his departed relatives as he finds himself drawn to Dr. Curt Connors.

There’s also a first look at Sally Field as Aunt May, whilst the transformation of Connors into his reptilian alter-ego is also given a little more attention.

You can check out the new trailer below (apologies for the quality – an HD version has yet to make its way online)…

We’re glad to see Marvel giving Spidey some love, despite the obvious focus on the release of The Avengers later this month. It’s also becoming clear that Webb hasn’t been tampering with the backstory on a whim, with the loss of Peter’s parents clearly serving as the driving force of the film’s narrative.

The Amazing Spider-Man opens in the UK on 4 July 2012.

What do you think of the new trailer? Share your feedback, below...

Comments

• thedanieljson

Apr 16th 2012, 10:56

It still feels as if it's too soon. And the trailers just aren't mind blowing enough to convince me otherwise.

• Chufferstud

Apr 16th 2012, 12:28

There was an 8 year gap between Batman & Robin and Batman Returns, 7 years between Superman Returns and next years Man of Steel and only 5 between Spiderman 3 and this. I actually think it's on a more basic level that will also plague Superman. They wear such iconic red/blue suits that you struggle to differentiate. I don't think the style of this is that far removed from the Raimi versions, whereas Nolan's Batman is a million miles from Burton's gothic style. Maybe a proper classy animated Spiderman film would have been cool? I'll still go and see it of course and that's the whole point, it will succeed due to the interested factor.

Apr 16th 2012, 18:28

Ugh that " Come and get it " line from Rhys is so weak.

• anant

Apr 16th 2012, 18:30

very well chufferstud, it will succeed due to the interested factor

• Indianabones

Apr 16th 2012, 18:46

I'm sorry, this will succeed as its well casted, it looks to be an amazing story, better researched and has Gwen stacy! it may be quite soon after the horrific spiderman 3, but I think this will knock Raimi's ok versions out of the window, all you people that keep going on about it being to soon are just going to miss out appreciating it, as you will be to busy trying to rubbish it! The trailers look brilliant, I can't wait to forget Raimi's versions

Apr 17th 2012, 0:42

You can't wait to forget Spider-man 2 ? aside from The Dark Knight it's arguably the best comic book movie out there.

• Indianabones

Apr 17th 2012, 19:36

Maybe I am being a little harsh on Raimi's versions, I did enjoy most of Spiderman 2, there were a few things that bugged me (no pun intended;) I am sure as a fan there might be something that bugs me about Webbs Versions, but I'm tired of all the 'Raimi's versions were amazing, this wont be nearly as good' bull! this looks to be very different, Spidys humour looks to have been addressed, Gwen stacy is involved and I am hugely keeping my fingers crossed for them to follow the Gwen stacy story line. So yes, I am happy to sacrifice my memories of Raimi's films