New trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man: watch now

"This life is not an easy one…"

The Amazing Spider-Man has released a new full-length trailer, featuring a wisecracking Spidey, a scowling Peter Parker and a Lizard that looks as though he could give the Hulk a run for his money.

Director Marc Webb has stressed the importance of Peter's lost parents to his particular story, and judging by this latest trailer, he wasn't kidding. "The one thing that has haunted me my entire life," says Parker, grimly, "is finding the truth about my parents."

Teenage angst aside, the new trailer doesn't skimp on action, with the Lizard (spotted once again in that signature medical coat we referred to yesterday) causing out and out carnage in New York City. Looks as though Spider-Man's going to have his hands full with this guy.

Take a look at the new trailer below…

We've still yet to see a proper, stationary glimpse of the Lizard in all his glory, but we can understand why Sony want to hold something back for the final release. That said, he does look like a pleasingly physical enemy, and one who should help sell the new Spider-Man as a high-school kid just coming to terms with his powers.

On a similar note, Garfield's wisecracking could just be the film's trump card - a return to the mischievous sense of humour of the comic-book Spidey after Tobey Maguire's distinctly straight-laced incarnation.

The Amazing Spider-Man opens in the UK on 4 July 2012.

What do you think of the new trailer? Tell us, below...

Comments

• FBJLampard

May 4th 2012, 6:52

Looks great! I'm more excited for this than TDKR because nobody knows what to expect. The visuals and cinematography is looking great and a world removed from Raimi's trilogy. Finally, a Spiderman that doesn't seem so soppy! The old guy in the cell looks like he could be Adrian Toomes, which would be great to see in the sequel.

• jefcas

May 4th 2012, 8:42

who ever came up with the design of the lizard should be shot.. seriously, the head just throws it for me, i know i know i cant use the word realistic but to compare this to the comics or the old cartoons even is just terrible, they tried to make it too human like, facially, i dont think it works.. but on the other hand i think the casting of the lizard is fantastic

• ChubChub

May 4th 2012, 8:58

my opinion is the complete opposite of FBJLampard, i have no desire to see this film what so ever. From the length and detail in that trailer i know exactly what to expect. That is one of the major problems with modern trailers (for me) they show far too much. TDKR still has the wonder factor for me, i'm still guessing and excited to see how that film plays out, but i can't say the same for The Amazing Spider-Man. Totally agree with jefcas the lizard looks bad.

• Peachy556

May 4th 2012, 9:38

Yeah, I have pretty much zero interest in seeing this film. Great cast, great director, giant who cares. The last Spider-Man film was in 2007, and I really don't see the point in dragging audiences through another origin story that everyone already knows, it's so pointless. The trailers reveal way too much as well, TDKR's trailers are masterful in what they show and what they conceal, whats teased and whats revealed. Plus, Andrew Garfield is 30 next year, and he's playing a 17 year old. *Yawn*

• Chufferstud

May 4th 2012, 10:14

Best trailer for the film yet...but I still don't have the urge to see it like I do with TDKR, Prometheus and The Hobbit. I'm still not keen on Andrew Garfield as an actor if I'm honest.

• ChubChub

May 4th 2012, 10:23

is it just me or has Andrew Garfield got a hint of Anthony Perkins about him?

• barneystinson

May 4th 2012, 11:19

I like it. The tone is spot on and seems to reflect the Ultimates take on Spidey where Parker is a little annoying and whiney but ultimately learns how to be a hero - complaints about The Lizard design are ridiculous considering this take on the character actually looks like the original design for The Lizard rather than the latter more comic-booky version with a massive snout. It would look stupid on screen - get over yourselves. I'm guessing the origin story is going to be got out of the way pretty quickly so we can get into the nitty gritty about Peter's father and his relationship with Connors and ultimately Norman Osbourne. Here's hoping they follow The Ultimates (and The Avengers) lead by linking all the origins of the various villans/heroes to the same experiments....this could be an (excuse the pun) amazing series of films if the writers/director aren't bullied into making decisions like Raimi was

• FBJLampard

May 4th 2012, 15:41

I'm excited for TDKR, don't get me wrong. The thing that's exciting me more about this is that we don't know what to expect from Webb and so far the footage looks enticing and looks less Hollywood. Nolan is great at what he does, but I think there is still a lot of mystery in this film. You can't say you know what's going to happen in the whole film based on 2 and half minutes. The hype from TDKR has taken a lot away from this but I think it will be a hit. Raimi didn't do a good job with casting in his trilogy and focussed too much on romance. The Lizard looks a lot closer to the original comic drawings, and we can't expect them to follow likenesses too much because there could be copyright issues anyway. We didn't see Octavius in yellow and green in Spidey 2. These things need to evolve and it's good to see an exciting looking film with some talented actors and some faster paced action. I'm glad there isn't too much interest, makes it easier for me to get a good seat in the cinema!

• Indianabones

May 4th 2012, 17:29

If some one rebooted the batman series (Nolans) I could understand the hatred towards it, they are two damn fine films and the third is looking potentially epic! but Spiderman (Raimi) left lots to be improved on, Yes maybe it could have waited a bit longer, but i am really looking forward to it, and think this will be much better, my only disappointment will be is if they don't go the Gwen Stacy story correctly and really do follow the Ultimate Spiderman completely. but High hopes