Nic Cage has the moves for Ghost Rider 2

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance will see some cobra-like acting...

Ghost Rider 2 will see star Nicholas Cage playing both sides of Marvel's supernatural superhero, replacing the CGI character from the first film.

In a video interview with Superhero Hype Cage admits he got acting inspiration for the flame-headed biker from an unusual source.

"One of the things this movie gave me the chance to do which I didn't get to do in the first one is play Ghost Rider, which is interesting to me because it's all about how do you move if you're from a different dimension?" he told Superhero Hype.

"[Directors] Brian Taylor and Mark Neveldine and I we all got in a room and explored different movements and body language, referenced some animals - and cobra kept coming back to me."

Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance is due for release on 22 February 2012 in the UK.

Can Nic's snake-hips beat the CGI of the first film. No flaming, just leave your comments below!

Comments

• mcghater

Jul 25th 2011, 17:45

sigh wil someone please tell nic cage to stop now..........just stop .....its over for you now

• trist808

Jul 25th 2011, 17:59

I know I'm on my own here, but I'm really looking forward to this. The first one showed promise, but had issues, not least of which was Cage and his age, but he gave the character a damn good go and this is more of a re-start than a follow up, so perhaps certain issues can be addressed? A more powerful and menacing villian than Wes Bently for one thing! Cage will be even older now, but he's a good fit ... just a shame it's 20 years too late for him to actually play JB in his heyday. But, as a die-hard Ghost Rider fan, I'd rather have something on the big screen than nothing at all ... so I'm hoping the Crank boys can inject this adventure with the right kind of Hellfire and make it work!!! At least improve upon the first one ... Fingers crossed!

• FBALee

Jul 25th 2011, 19:28

My mother will be so happy. I'm afraid if I say anymore, this will snowball into an unpleasant rant.

• jamiehalus

Jul 25th 2011, 21:00

Look forward to it, the first one was cheesy as s**te but i still enjoyed it for what it was, not what it coulda been. It was always going to be the case of someone else coming along and making a darker version of it anyway (same after Raimi's Spiderman series, someone was always gonna darken the tone in a reboot). To me Cage is still fine for the roll, but i hope he turns it up a notch for this Rider.

• Morituri

Jul 26th 2011, 8:42

Get on with it, I'm getting old waiting for this sequel too. Sequels are fine as they tell a new story and can improve things, reboots of a successfull franchise make no sense to me, what was wrong with doing Spiderman 4 ? Why telll us the same story all over again and so soon ? It's seems hollywood feels obliged to stop at trilogies or the world will end. Pirates showed that if the canvas is good to begin with you can carry on. Those comics have often hundreds of stories, why stop at three ? Go figure.

Jul 27th 2011, 20:34

Got the moves.......but not the hair.