Noomi Rapace talks Prometheus

"It felt like magic"

Last week saw the arrival of the first hi-res images from Ridley Scott’s Prometheus, and this week, Noomi Rapace has been lifting the lid on what it was like to be a part of Ridley’s return to space.

“It’s kind of crazy,” she said in a recent interview with Collider. “I was doing ADR two weeks ago, in London, and it looks fantastic. I remember when I came into some of the sets, it just blew me away. It took my breath away, with the way they created it.

“We didn’t have green screen,” she continues. “I think we had it twice. They built everything. It felt like magic. It’s stunning. What’s so fantastic with Ridley is that he’s such an artist and he creates really big, amazing shots, but it’s still brutally beautiful at the same time. I can’t wait to see it!”

So what can we expect from Rapace’s character? “I feel like my character is the heart in the movie,” explains the star. “You follow her, and she changes. In the beginning, she’s a believer. She believes in God and she has a very strong faith. She is a scientist and an archaeologist. She’s on this mission, and she’s full of hope. In the middle of the movie, things happen and she changes into more of a warrior. And in the end, she’s such a survivor.”

And according to the actress, readjusting to real life after spending so long in Scott’s fantasy land has been something of a challenge.

“It was really a quite intense and dramatic journey for me to go through,” she says. “When we were finished and we wrapped in Iceland, I remember that it was almost like I came back to Earth because I’d been on this spaceship and I’d been out on this weird planet. It’s always quite fascinating, when I look back at things and I realize how deep into it I actually was. It’s almost like I’m occupied by something.”

You can see just what exactly was occupying Noomi when Prometheus arrives in UK cinemas on 1 June 2012.

Are you looking forward to another Scott-guided trip to space? Tell us, below.

Comments

• ChrisWootton

Dec 6th 2011, 13:26

Bring...It....on

• nacho316

Dec 6th 2011, 15:36

as long as it is ORIGINAL and not a retread of what came before(alien) like most b******t hollywood prequels and sequels.

• Trickycustomer

Dec 6th 2011, 16:30

hope the technology in the prequel story doesn't out do the technology from alien, that would ruin it seeing as it's a prequel and set 30 odd years before alien.

Dec 6th 2011, 16:37

They built SETS. Did you get that, Lucas? This is how you make the audience BELIEVE and why you will always be a laughing stock for your p*ss-poor prequels

• ChrisWootton

Dec 6th 2011, 17:26

Well said Hadouken. Trickycustomer, I was thinking about that the other day.. The Nostromo (and the crew that went with it) was supposed to be like a crappy big truck going around space.. so there is room for slightly better technology as this one is like a science vessel (or something). I do share your worry though but I'm pretty sure Sir Riddus would've thought of that

Dec 6th 2011, 18:23

Green screen twice........well that's it I am definitely not going to watch this CGI orgy fest.

• BobbyTwoTimes

Dec 7th 2011, 9:47

This will be sh*t!

• murphy

Dec 7th 2011, 11:17

I so hope you're proved wrong Bobby,i'm looking forward to this,hopefully Ridley will be back on form!

• Trickycustomer

Dec 7th 2011, 12:22

I hear you on that one Chris

• BobbyTwoTimes

Dec 8th 2011, 9:56

I sincerely hope i'm wrong too mate - i've just got a feeling that Ridley is going back to this because he's running out of ideas. As i've said before, he hasn't made a true classic in the last 10yrs (since Gladiator and even that was considered overrated by some people) but instead just a string of good, but not brilliant films. If it's true that he's doing a Blade Runner sequel too, I just can't help but get this feeling that both will be disappointing in a Lucas-returning-to-Star-Wars-20yrs-later kind of way. But fingers crossed....