One of the biggest events in the movie calendar takes place this weekend.
Yeah, a little ceremony called the Oscars is happening, but so is the 31st Annual Golden Raspberry Awards, better known as The Razzies.
As you can see from the list of nominees, it's been quite a year for dreadful flicks:
• Worst Picture: Twilight Saga: Eclipse, The Last Airbender, The Bounty Hunter, Sex and the City 2, Vampires Suck
• Worst Actor: Ashton Kutcher, Gerard Butler, Jack Black, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner
• Worst Actress: Jennifer Aniston, Miley Cyrus, Entire Cast of SATC2, Megan Fox, Kristen Stewart
Social media monitoring tool Meltwater Buzz has done a comprehensive track on over 200 million blogs, micro-blogs, social networks and forums to get an idea on what the public think are the worst of the bunch.
As the results are based on online conversations, it'll be interesting to see how closely they match the awards that are handed out.
According to the online buzz analysis:
• 58% of the general public feel Twilight: Eclipse deserves the Worst Picture award.
• 35% feel that Robert Pattinson should be crowned Worst Actor
• 29% of people feel Kristen Stewart should win Worst Actress, although Jennifer Aniston was a close second for her role in The Bounty Hunter.
While the Twilight Saga is easy to attack, is it really as dreadful as any of the other nominees? Or does the franchise have built-up animosity working against it?
Stay tuned for the imminent announcement of the winners, and see if the online buzz matches the judges' opinions.
Source: Meltwater Buzz
Do you reckon these predictions are accurate? Or does Eclipse deserve some respect as the best of an iffy bunch? Comment now!