Paranormal Activity 4 on the way

Paramount gives new sequel the green light

In news that will surprise precisely no one, Paramount have confirmed that 2012 will see the arrival of a fourth instalment of the Paranormal Activity series.

Whilst critics lamented the diminishing originality of the found footage phenomenon, Paranormal Activity 3 was still one of the studio’s star performers in 2011, pulling in more than $200 million worldwide.

The announcement was accompanied by the news that Paramount achieved the highest total combined gross of any studio in 2011, making a record $5.17 billion worldwide.

“This achievement reflects the combined efforts of our entire team across the globe and the careful process by which we select the projects and partners we believe in,” said Chairman & CEO Brad Grey. “We produce pictures that aspire to entertain audiences around the world, while at the same time we have sought to find innovative ways to reach movie-goers in this changing entertainment environment.”

And what could be more innovative than a third sequel to a wildly successful horror movie? Expect Paranormal Activity 4 to come shuffling into cinemas sometime around Halloween…

Are you hungry for more things going bump in the night? Tell us, below.

Comments

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 3rd 2012, 12:38

Blurg

• Tarantino3011

Jan 3rd 2012, 12:40

WHYYYY??????? WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS???? THIS IS GOING TO SUCK a*s!!!!

• thedanieljson

Jan 3rd 2012, 13:02

Oh for christs sake now. They better at least alter the formula in some way.

Jan 3rd 2012, 13:07

The one redeeming feature is tthatt the lead actress has big baps. Thats it..

• demmike

Jan 3rd 2012, 13:12

I would very much care to suck on said baps.

• trist808

Jan 3rd 2012, 13:32

@demmike - lol, they are rather lovely :) Knew this was gonna happen, the ending of PA3 just screamed "THERE'LL BE ANOTHER ONE!" There's a 20 year (bap)gap for them to cover and I bet they don't change the format at all, it will still be found footage Most likely of the cult who scampered off with the girls at the end of PA3, who just happen to record everything they do, but the demon isn't happy with them about it so he gets angry and throws around some chairs and stuff :) I'm taking the mickey, but I admit, I actually like these films ... you may now commence flame-age :-)

• writerdave87

Jan 3rd 2012, 14:09

They're cheap to make, and loads of people will pay to see them. Ergo they shall keep making them.

• piffle

Jan 3rd 2012, 22:03

Only watched the first two because I don't see the value in paying for them so I've waited to see them on Sky. That said, I've totally enjoyed them both and would imagine I'll probable enjoy the third one. I have no issues with this news.

• writerdave87

Jan 4th 2012, 9:40

Dalidab from what I know of your film taste you're exactly the kind of moron this kind of thing is aimed at (you liked Crystal Skull ffs). Some people are just idiots that will keep going to see unoriginal c**p...

• writerdave87

Jan 4th 2012, 9:40

• trist808

Jan 4th 2012, 15:02

Hahaha, cheers @writerdave87, I'll try not to be too offended by that ... lumped in with Dalidab, what a shameful thing (lol) I'm not a moron, but I do enjoy the Paranormal Activity films for what they are. Hold on a sec, to be fair Dabs doesn't like this films (he's stated so a few times), so that's even more embarrassing the more I think about it ... I shall retreat into a corner and think about my life and film choices :-)

• writerdave87

Jan 4th 2012, 22:13

Sorry Trist, I was actually thinking more of the Saw films. I was a bit too harsh though, even though I do kind of agree with Dalidab, Dalidab you know battle LA and Skyline aren't found footage films... right?

• writerdave87

Jan 5th 2012, 0:17

Hang on what Battle LA film are YOU talking about? You can't be meaning the Aaron Eckhart one, you see the aliens constantly in that. Thanks for proving my point about the SAW movies, but have to admit I've heard the same thing about the third PA film hence my apology to Trist. There is a danger of going to the well too often though.

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 5th 2012, 0:57

Dalidab, were there any aliens in E.T.?

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 5th 2012, 9:05

Just checking

• SixStepSamurai

Jan 5th 2012, 14:50

Dalidab, were there any aliens in Aliens?

• writerdave87

Jan 5th 2012, 15:17

Dalidab there is literally a five minute sequence where they dissect an alien in Battle LA.

• writerdave87

Jan 5th 2012, 20:23

You haven't actually seen it have you. You've just looked on Imdb and watched the trailer and made a guess lmao.

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 5th 2012, 21:16

Clever donkey? I think you're looking for the weird insults feature, Dalidab :-)

• writerdave87

Jan 5th 2012, 22:41

Yet you didn't remember any of the aliens... hummm. If I'm a clever donkey, does that make you a d******s? Pillock.

• writerdave87

Jan 5th 2012, 22:41

du m b a ss

• SixStepSamurai

Jan 6th 2012, 0:05

Hey Dalidab, were there any T Rex's in Tyrannosaur?

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 6th 2012, 0:45

Don't even get me started on Titanic. That film was s**t. There wasn't even one boat in it. This joke wears thin .

• writerdave87

Jan 6th 2012, 3:41

Cheers guys, I just woke up my neighbour laughing at that. You clever donkeys!

• writerdave87

Jan 6th 2012, 3:42

Ohhhhhh clever donkey... smart a*s... I get it! I like how when Dalidab actually uses a euphemism we just assume he's being his regular strange self...

• StevePotter

Jan 6th 2012, 6:16

HEY. I liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull too. Was it great? No. But I had a good time at least.

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 6th 2012, 8:30

Unfortunately that one DID have aliens in it.

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 6th 2012, 8:33

Dalidab probably thinks it didn't though

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 6th 2012, 8:38

And why oh why was it sold as an Indiana Jones movie? Indiana Jones wasn't even in it.

• SixStepSamurai

Jan 6th 2012, 13:11

Dalidab, you do know that Jeffbiscuits is taking the p**s? You're supposed to go along with the joke, you don't have to correct him you know. Anyways, I have a movie related question; were there gremlins in Gremlins?

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 6th 2012, 13:59

I never take the p**s. I'm just sick and tired of the false advertising in film titles these days. To my knowlege there was not one Robocop in Robocop.

• trist808

Jan 6th 2012, 16:04

@writerdave87, no need to apologise to me matey, I took it in good humour :) The Saw films just went on too far (7 of them!!!) and maybe a fourth film will push PA too far, but I thought the third one was the best in the series, it left a few unanswered questions at the end, so I'm quite happy to see the next one ... but hey, to my knowledge there wasn't any paranormal activity in Paranormal Activity :)

• Heisenberg

Jan 6th 2012, 17:38

Awh thanks for the this guys, ive been revisin like a mutherf****r these last days and to read this made me laugh a great deal. Mucho Gracias. but that said, i like the PA movies, the first one did scare the jebus outta me, the 2nd one a bit, the 3rd one had a few jumpy bits, but as said before its hard too see how they can keep it going now. And to think, John Malkovich wasn't even in Being John Malkovich.

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 6th 2012, 19:53

Yes he was. No wait, I stand corrected. I'm thinking of Con Air. And while I'm on the subject, does anyone remember actually seeing any air in Con Air?

• Heisenberg

Jan 6th 2012, 19:57

Good point Jeff. Speaking of air plane films, were there actually any m***********g snakes on that m***********g plane??

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 6th 2012, 21:00

There wasn't even a plane. Snakes on a Plane was actually a documentary about a cheese factory.

• trist808

Jan 6th 2012, 21:37

There was plenty of cheese in Snakes On A Muthafookin' Plane :)

• SixStepSamurai

Jan 6th 2012, 22:15

How about Teeth? Any molars in Teeth? This is gettin silly guys. To think Dalidab started this.